Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
This colourful soup is going to warm you from the inside out all while delivering you a nutrient-packed soup that you can feel good about eating all week long, and/or feeding to the whole family. This Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup recipe is one of my old favs and when I was looking for a soup to make this weekend as comfort food, I thought I’d bring this recipe back out to whip up as it’s so delicious and also good to boost my immunity which easily gets rundown when I’m always on-the-go. You can whip it up in 40 minutes. Enjoy it while you cozy up with your kids and family, and simply enjoy your free time you have from not spending all day in the kitchen!
What’s so significant about this golden recipe that I’ve had in my back pocket for a while now is that this recipe was actually the first recipe Andrew ever contributed to FoodByMaria. I discovered it back about four years ago when I was still working a regular job and I didn’t have time to cook so I asked him to make me something to eat while I worked. He came up with this delicious soup and I was blown away! Why? Because I despise and hate cooked carrots. Do you know what that means? This recipe is great for picky eaters in your family or kids that you need to hide vegetables from. I won’t tell! 😉
What you’ll love about this Carrot Soup recipe:
What I love about this Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup soup is that it is:
- Dairy and nut-free but still creamy with the help of coconut
- It’s loaded with nutrients making it really healthy
- It’s easy to whip up for meal prep or dinner/lunch
- It’s kid-friendly
- It’s delicious, satisfying, and great for immunity building
- You can make it in one pot
- Great way to incorporate vegetables without it tasting like “another soup recipe with vegetables”
- It’s versatile as you can easily throw in what you have in the fridge
The benefits of carrots
Okay, I mentioned this soup is nutrient-dense, and here’s the breakdown on what these orange veggies add to this soup to make it so healthy:
- Rich in beta-carotene
- High in vitamin A
- Rich antioxidant source
- Helps promote healthy digestion
- Good for your skin
Yep, they are a magical vegetable, and one that I USUALLY only like raw but this soup is an exception!
How do you make Carrot Soup vegan?
This recipe is really simple to make. In a large pot, you add olive oil and heat it for about 30 seconds before throwing in your onions. If you’ve followed other soup recipes on here, you’ll know that this is one of the most important steps to really pull a lot of flavour from the onions, and then the garlic and ginger that you’ll cook on low for about 8 minutes in total before adding all the vegetables.
Now you’ll be able to add the carrots, butternut squash, zucchini, red pepper, and green onion into your pot. Get creative here, if you have other vegetables you want to use up, feel free to toss them in too! You’ll then increase your heat and place the lid on to cook these veggies up for around 5 minutes before you add in your stock paste, and salt and pepper.
Increase your heat here to high and just cover the vegetables with water and bring it to a boil. You’ll want to simmer your vegetables here until the carrots are totally cooked (about 15 minutes) before you throw in the coconut milk for the creaminess, and blend it all up until it’s smooth.
When serving, if you want to make it look pretty, drizzle some olive oil, a pinch of pepper, herbs, lime juice, seeds, or whatever your heart desires.
Other soup recipes you need to try:
If you’re looking for other easy, and delicious, soup recipes to try this winter, check out some of the below:
- Easy Chipotle Vegan Corn Chowder
- Vegan Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Easy Vegan Potato Leek Soup
- Dairy-Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Creamy Vegetable Soup
Healthy, Easy Carrot Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet white onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 2- inch knob of ginger
- 15 carrots garden-sized, so quite small, chopped into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup butternut squash roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- boiling water as much as you need to just cover the veg, around 5 cups
- 1 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. vegan spoon butter
- To a large pot add olive oil and heat for 30 seconds before adding your onions. Cook them down for 5 minutes on low heat before adding garlic and ginger. Cook for another 3 minutes and stirring often to promote flavour build up. Now add, carrots, butternut squash, zucchini, red pepper and green onion to the pot. Increase heat to medium-high and place the lid on for 5 minutes.
- To the pot, add sea salt, black pepper and vegetable stock paste. Stir till everything is well coated by the seasoning and paste.
- Increase heat to high, and just cover the veg with boiling water. Bring mixture to boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are completely cooked.
- Add coconut milk before blending till smooth.
- Serve with a little drizzling of olive oil, a pinch of pepper, fresh herbs and a light burst of lime juice.
This is the second recipe I’ve tried by food by maria & the second success 🙂 I omitted the butter & stock paste & replaced the oil with water. I also doubled the recipe & it came out delicious! Everyone loved it, very flavorful! Thanks Maria 🙂
I love this soup recipe so much! thanks for the love, Melanie!
This is so good! Do you know if it freezes well?
It does!!! It’s super easy. Just freeze and reheat!
This is the best carrot soup I’ve ever made. 10/10 recommend.
thank you so much baby girl!
Best carrot soup!! My kids loved it !!! Amazing as all recipes maria has ❤️
This means so much to me, thank you Paula!
Maria is the queen of soups and this is another display of that!!
This was is so freaking good!
Thank You for a great recipe Maria. This soup was full of flavour and colour. Great for entertaining especially with roasted pumpkin seeds for some extra crunch.
YES!! I am so glad you loved this one. Roasted Pumpkin seeds sound awesome!
This soup is full of flavour and it looks beautiful too! Definitely a different twist to a traditional veggie soup and super great when you feel like you’re coming down with something!
Exactly our thoughts, Lauren! so good for you!
made this twice already and i’m obsessed with how simple super yummy it is !
Hey Maria!! Yay, thanks so much. I love this carrot soup a lot, glad you love it too!
Hello hermosa! What kind of coconut milk you added?, the coconut milk can that is super creamy or de normal one ?
I love fresh fall produce! Carrots are the best in soups 🙂
Thank you sweetie!This soup was amazing.