Snacks for Kids Part 2: Bleubs and Coco Yogurt
Hey everyone – but especially mamas + papas – and welcome to the Moms and Tots portion of the Site!! I decided to start up this “Simple Snacks for Kids” recipes portion because if your kids are anything like me when I was young then they love to get involved in the kitchen! So what better bonding time than Mommy + Daddy snack, and meal making time!
This first snack is super simple, easy to create, and very versatile – you will see why! It involves my favourite combo of flavours. Berries, Coconut Yogurt – any yogurt will work – and desiccated coconut flakes (use unsweetened).
Berries are packed with:
- Antioxidants (Blueberries contain 20 types of anthocyanin most berries only contain 3 to 4)
- Fibre, which promotes a healthy digestive system
- Natural Sugars, which will help keep your children energized without leaving them with a sugar crash or high!
- Raspberries contain ellagic acid, a compound with anti-cancer properties
So when your little ones wake up and are craving breakfast I highly suggest you hit them up with a yummy bowl of berries!! Accompanied with some granola, or oats, yogurt, and coconut!
Berry Bowls will keep your Little Monkeys:
- Fuller longer
- Energized (maybe a little too much)
- Will promote more ability to learn, succeed, and achieve amazingness in and out of school!
BONUS: This fresh, and delicious type of breakfast would go great with a my Pina Colada Smoothie, and if you make too much it is also great for Mama to enjoy on the run to the bus stop, or to work!
So before I go and work on more simple snacks I just want to highlight that….all
The ingredients in this snack are:
- cheap (considering it is basically medicine)
- very versatile!
Ill be back with more soon guys!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess