Snacks for Kids Part 3: Nectarines + “Chocolate” Sauce
Hmmm…. chocolate, oh chocolate. Why must you be so filled with sugar, additives, and “fake” chocolate? Before you say it, I know “Chocolate is ok now and then!” but why not make a chocolate that is good for you and your kids?
My Chocolate is:
- Filled with Antioxidants
- Made with three ingredients
- Requires no heat or cooking
- Not bad for you
- Fibre filled for healthy poops – yep I said poops
What is the best part about this Chocolate may you ask?
Well you can basically enjoy it everyday, and it takes 3 minutes to make.
All you need is:
- Cacao – a great source of plant based antioxidants, supports healthy heart function by lowering blood pressure, improves blood flow
- Coconut Oil – a healthy fat, that will help promote weight gain, healthy fat loss, and energy
- Coconut Nectar – a low glycemic natural sugar options that will not leave you or your kids feeling groggy or tired after a Chocolate “splurg”
So into a bowl add:
- 2 tbsp Cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar (honey will do)
- Stir till smooth, creamy and rich!
This amount typically works for one large fruit, or 2 cups of berries! So make as much or as little as you like… just use the same ratios.
In the photographs above I cut up ripe and beautiful nectarines and then coated/drizzled them with this sauce.
I popped them into the fridge for 20 minutes just so they could set, and then enjoyed them as a snack!
I also suggest fruits like apples, pears, peaches or plums but obviously any fruit will work! If you are looking to amp things up then I suggest you check out my Watermelon Pizza… it is totally worth it!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess