This creamy and delicious spicy udon noodles recipe with peanut sauce is the perfect comfort food for a fall evening or lunch. Make it your own with whatever veggies you have on hand, and gobble it up for a healthy meal that will leave you satisfied. Seriously, the peanut sauce on these is so dang good I could eat it on its own. You’ll love this recipe!
Why you’ll love these spicy udon noodles with peanut sauce:
- 10-Minute Prep: Prep this recipe in only 10-minutes, this is an easy and quick one for even the busiest people
- Flavorful: The creamy peanut sauce is so flavorful and delicious. Did I mention you can also eat it on anything?
- Versatile: Throw in whatever veggies or noodles you have on hand. I made it with red peppers and udon noodles but you can get creative here!
Udon Noodles: Udon noodles are a thick noodle made from wheat flour, often used in Japanese cuisine. It is known to be a Japanese comfort food and in moderation they provide a healthy dose of of carbs and fiber.
Peanut Sauce: I like a creamy salad so I do add 1/2 cup to this but if you prefer less just adjust as you toss and taste!
Vegetables: Use any vegetables you want in this dish. You can add as many or as little as you’d like it’ll still taste great!
Cilantro: I know not everyone is a fan of cilantro so you can totally omit this. However, if you do like this herb, it adds a fresh flavor to it and I would definitely keep it in.
How do you make spicy udon noodles?
Can a recipe get anymore easier? I think not. This udon noodles recipe you can whip up in 3 easy steps:
1. Cook udon noodles as per package instructions
2. Prepare the peanut sauce (you can find the recipe here and it only takes 5-minutes to make)
3. To a large bowl, toss together the udon noodles, sauce, peppers, and cilantro. Serve as is or with protein of choice.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Can I use different noodles? Udon noodles are great here but you can use ramen noodles or even pasta! A thicker noodle is encouraged for this udon noodle recipe.
What are udon noodles? Udon noodles are a thick noodle made from wheat flour used primarily in Japanese cuisine.
Storage: Store any leftover sauce in a jar in the fridge for 10 days. The tossed salad will last up to 1 week in a tightly sealed container.
How long will peanut sauce last? Up to 1-week in a tightly sealed container or jar in the fridge.
What else can I use peanut sauce on? Add it to salads, veggies, wraps, or whatever your heart desires. This is a very versatile sauce.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Creamy Lentils with Spinach
- Maple Butter Roasted Acorn Squash
- Vegan Gluten-Free Stuffing
- Vegan Lentil Chili
- Lentil Shepherd’s Pie with Parsnip Mash
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Spicy Udon Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 2 packets of Udon Noodles 400G total
- 1 large red pepper finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Peanut Sauce
- Cook Udon Noodles as per package instructions.
- Prepare the peanut sauce.
- To a large bowl, toss together the udon noodles, sauce, peppers, and cilantro. Serve as is or with protein of choice.