When I saw that spicy vodka pasta was trending, you know I had to give you the recipe. So here it is – my take on the viral Gigi Hadid vodka pasta.
We know that pasta is one of my favorite dishes to make. This recipe is made in only one pan and under 30 minutes and is filled with the perfect amount of spice that went viral and is one that everyone loves for a good reason. So here it is – my take on the viral Gigi Hadid pasta.
❤️ Why You’ll Love Gigi Hadid Pasta
- Quick: A homemade pasta dish everyone will enjoy in only 30 minutes. This is a great pasta dish to whip up on those busy nights after school when you’re trying to get something on the table for your family
- Versatile: Whether you want to add your favorite protein, make it less spicy, or use a substitute for heavy cream – Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe is easy to customize for any dinner table
- Comforting: Is there anything more comforting than a delicious bowl of pasta? This pasta is so damn delicious. It has some spice, some creaminess, and is perfect for the cooler weather
Vodka: Why do you use vodka in pasta sauce for this Gigi Hadid pasta recipe? The vodka helps maintain a cohesive texture, allowing the creaminess to meld with the tomato base. Don’t worry though, you cook the vodka off so you won’t have any alcohol content within the pasta. I know, for some people that may be disappointing. 😉
Parmesan Cheese: Used both in the sauce and grated on top of the pasta, parmesan cheese is a staple ingredient in this pasta dish. Parm is a hard, granular cheese produced from cows’ milk and aged for a year or longer. It is produced in the provinces of Parma and Reggio Emilia in Italy.
Heavy Cream: You can use whipping cream, heavy cream, or half-and-half cream. Whatever works for you. I don’t find they make that much of a difference. Just cook them down until they reach your perfect consistency.
👩🍳 How to Make Gigi Hadid’s Pasta
3. Add tomato paste, and cook until the sauce is darker and a bit caramelized, 2-3 minutes. Mix often to avoid anything burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan
4. Add in vodka and cook it until evaporated. This is where you’ll cook off the alcohol content, so this recipe is completely safe for those who don’t drink, are pregnant, or children.
5. Add heavy cream and 1 tsp chili flakes. Keep stirring until combined and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. If the pasta is not done cooking yet, remove the sauce from the heat until the noodles are ready for the action! Make sure you set aside 1/2-1 cup of reserved pasta water!
7. When pasta is done cooking, add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to the vodka sauce and 1 tbsp butter. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is smooth and creamy – add another ¼ cup pasta water if needed.
8. Add strained pasta and ¼ cup parmesan cheese and stir. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
9. Garnish with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese if desired.
🪄 Tips and Tricks
- Pasta Water: Be sure to reserve at least 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining your pasta
- Sauce Consistency: If the sauce seems too thick, keep slowly adding pasta water until it reaches your desired consistency
There are definitely some variations you can try with this recipe. Here are my recommendations:
- Protein: Add in your favorite protein to this recipe to make it a more well-rounded meal. Try shrimp, chicken, or even adding vegetarian mince
- Vegan: You can easily make this pasta vegan by swapping the parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast or plant-based cheese, and the cream for coconut milk or an oat or plant-based creamer. Of course, taste will vary from the original version
Here are some easy swaps you can make in this recipe:
- Vodka: The vodka is what sets this apart from a regular rose sauce, but you can sub for gin, or boxed wine instead. If you want no alcohol at all, you can use lemon water, chicken broth, or stock.
- Cream: Use heavy cream. This can be labeled as “table cream” in the store. You can also substitute it for half and half which works just as well.
🗒 Best served with
- Homemade Caesar Dressing: Use this dressing to make a delicious, homemade Caesar salad to pair with this pasta
- No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread: A tasty, easy bread to make to soak up any extra sauce on your plate
- Easy Chopped Salad: A tasty salad that is perfectly paired with this comforting pasta dish
👝 How to Store Leftovers
Pasta is so good leftover. In fact, it’s one of my favs. Just package this up and put it into a sealed container in the fridge. It should last about 3-5 days.
🤔 Common Questions
No! As the sauce simmers, the alcohol contents of the vodka evaporate. All it does is add flavor.
Vodka helps maintain a cohesive texture, which works so well with the tomato base.
A tomato-based sauce made tangy by vodka, and creamy with a splash of heavy cream.
Gigi Hadid Pasta (Vodka Pasta Recipe)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining. While pasta is cooking, make the vodka sauce.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter, garlic and shallot over medium heat. Cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cook until the sauce is darker and a bit caramelized, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in vodka and cook it until evaporated.
- Then add heavy cream and 1 tsp chili flakes. Keep stirring until combined and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If pasta is not done cooking yet, remove sauce from the heat.
- When pasta is done cooking, add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to the vodka sauce and 1 tbsp butter. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is smooth and creamy – add another ¼ cup pasta water if needed.
- Add strained pasta and ¼ cup parmesan cheese and stir. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese if desired.