Everyone loves a classic brownie, but finding a good gluten free option/recipe can be challenging. Just because you’re avoiding gluten, shouldn’t mean that you have to sacrifice the goodness of an amazing brownie. These Almond Flour Brownies are delicious, gluten free, and vegan.
I gave these to five different people to sample and no one believed they were vegan and not made with regular flour or loads of white sugar. Now I’m not saying these are healthy but they are the perfect treat for when you want to treat yourself or your BF/GF this Valentine’s Day.
Why you’ll love these Almond Flour Brownies:
They’re easy to make – only 12 ingredients!
They are gluten free
That gooey chocolate is TO DIE FOR
This recipe can be made in one bowl
So damn good with ice cream
Can make a keto variation if need be by subbing the sugar
How to make Almond Flour Brownies
These Almond Flour Brownies are so easy to make. People will think you’re some bad ass professional baker, and they’ll have no idea just how easy it is to make good tasting, gluten free baked goods. Grain free baking doesn’t have to be time consuming, and you shouldn’t have to sacrifice the delicious flavour we all love about brownies. To make these brownies it’s so simple, all you need to do is:
1. Preheat your oven and line a 8X8 baking tin with parchment
2. In a large mixing bowl, add your egg replacement and water. You’ll want to prep this first and let it sit for five minutes for the perfect consistency
3. To that same bowl (yep, seriously one bowl for this recipe) add the remaining wet ingredients and stir it up
4. Then time for the dry ingredients, stir those babies in but don’t over stir it! Just enough so everything is well combined
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and flatten using the back of a spoon so it’s nice and smooth
6. Top with yummy chocolate chips evenly before baking for extra chocolatey goodness
Why almond flour?
I love making baked goods that we know and love in a way that can be consumed by everyone, and that’s why using almond flour is a great alternative when you have someone in your household that has a gluten allergy, or if you’re just trying to avoid gluten yourself. I’ve had some terrible gluten free brownies and I just don’t feel like you should have to miss out on delicious brownies because of your gluten intolerance!
For this recipe, to make it grain free, I used Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour which you can easily find in your local Whole Foods. Almond flour can be used in replacement of regular white flour, and is made from whole, blanched sweet almonds which are notoriously healthy by providing us with a good amount of manganese and vitamin E. Plus, they add a healthy boost of protein and are low in carbs. Using almond flour can be a great way to bring the healthy components of almonds into your diet, and you can’t even taste the difference!