My mouth is watering just preparing myself to tell you all about this delicious vegan cookie recipe that’ll knock your socks off. This Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. And why make a batch of cookies, when you can just have one giant cookie to hog for yourself or share with your friends and family instead?
Why you’ll love this Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet:
- It’s easy to make with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry
- It is easier than making a batch of individual cookies
- It looks darn impressive and can be an awesome substitute for a birthday cake
- It is dairy-free and made with plant-based ingredients
How do you make a cookie skillet?
I have all the answers you need to make the perfect Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet that is vegan friendly. This recipe is simple. Here’s what you need to do to nail it:
- Preheat your oven and lightly grease a large cast-iron skillet
- In a large bowl, make a vegan egg and let it sit for 5 minutes to get the right consistency
- To the bowl, add brown sugar & maple syrup, and whisk it all up
- Fold in the flours, baking powder, salt, and chocolate
- Transfer the dough to the skillet, and flatten it out using a greased spatula or spoon
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until brown (it’s okay if the inside is still gooey)
- Let it cool down and serve
How do you make a flax egg?
For those new to a plant-based diet, you may not know how to create a vegan egg substitute. My go-to is a flax egg. This is super easy to create and gives your recipe that egg consistency it needs. All you need is a flaxseed meal and water. The equivalent to one real egg is about 1 tbsp. of flax meal, combined with 2 1/2 tsp. of water. Stir these ingredients together and by letting it sit for about 5 minutes you’ll reach the perfect consistency.
What I also love to use is Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer which you can just add water to create that egg-like consistency you want.
How should I serve my cookie skillet?
One of the most important things to remember here is how hot a cast-iron skillet gets. Let this baby cool down and you can serve this cookie right in the skillet. It makes for a nice display! However, you can also slide the cookie out of the skillet when cooked and display however you want.
Cut this massive cookie like a pizza and serve with your favourite toppings. Here’s some inspo:
- Vegan ice cream
- Coco whip (see how to make coco whip here)
- A drizzle of chocolate, caramel, or topping of your choice
- Sprinkle of icing sugar
- Your favourite fresh fruits
Other cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Chewy SunButter Cookies
- One Bowl White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Almond Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Vegan Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a large cast-iron skillet.
- To a large bowl, make your vegan egg and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- To the bowl, add the brown sugar and maple syrup. Whisk till combined.
- Add the melted margarine and milk. Whisk till combined.
- Now, add the flours, baking powder, sea salt and chocolate chips. Fold till everything is combined.
- Transfer cookie dough mixture to the lightly-greased cast iron skillet and lightly flatten using the back of a greased spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown - SEE NOTES.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving with ice cream, coco whip or fresh fruit.