Oh, baby! Nothing says summer is just around the corner than a good ol’ potato salad. Okay, just kidding, summer is still a ways away. However, when I think of potato salad I think of either barbecue in the summer sun or my grandmother’s recipe. What is with grandma’s and making such amazing potato salad? Anyway, this Vegan Potato Salad Recipe is, of course, a vegan spin on a classic potato salad recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s easy to make
- It makes a perfect side dish or is great on its own
- It’s a healthier variation to the classic potato salad
- The whole family will love it
- It keeps in the fridge well
How to make this Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
This creamy delicious potato salad recipe is so simple that all you legit need to do is throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. After you cook your potatoes of course! One of the best parts about Vegan Potato Salad Recipe is that you can really personalize it to make it your own. I find the longer it sits in the fridge, the more the flavours change as they marinate more and more with one another. Don’t be afraid to adjust any of the ingredients to make the flavour your own and how you like it. Throw in different types of herbs, spices, veggies, avocado, whatever your little heart desires. I personally love the addition of dill and lemon. I find those two ingredients, in particular, to really pop in the flavour department and add to this salad recipe.
My twist on the classic Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
What makes this recipe unique is the addition to my not-so-secret ingredient of Patience Fruit & Co. *NEW* No Sugar Added Dried Cranberries. I find cranberries really add a unique texture and flavour to potato salad and Patience makes the best cranberries for baking or cooking. They dry whole cranberries that are organic and loaded with flavour. Usually, dried cranberries have added sugars to make them less sour and plumper, but Patience just launched a no sugar added version which is perfect for more savoury dishes like this one. The only sugars in these cranberries are naturally occurring! These aren’t your average berries. If you know me, I’ve been cooking and baking with them for a while now, and I really love how their products can add a unique spin (and a healthy boost) to any recipe.
Other cranberry recipes you’ll love
- Vegan Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
- Vegan Cranberry Cheese Tarts
- Simple Spring Cranberry Apple Crisp
- White & Dark Chocolate Cookies with Cranberries
Vegan Potato Salad Recipe with Fresh Herbs and Cranberries
- 30 baby potatoes some halved, some whole
- 1/3 cup Patience Fruit & Co. Unsweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1/4 cup dill finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- In a large pot, boil water and season well with salt. Cook till tender, strain and cool till safe to touch.
- Into a large mixing bowl, gently toss together all your ingredients and enjoy with your favourite main dish, green salad and refreshing drink!