30 Minute Meals
One-Pot Orzo Vegetable Soup Recipe
Have I mentioned lately how much I like soup? Because all I want to do is make this incredibly flavourful one-pot vegetable orzo soup recipe. This healthy and easy to make recipe is perfect for warming up, all while helping you get the nutrients you need – all in one bowl. Perfect for these chilly days.
My vegetable orzo soup recipe is plant-based, dairy-free and sugar-free. And did I mention you only need one pot and will be ready in only 30 minutes? You wouldn’t know it since this recipe tastes like it has been simmering for hours with all of its amazing aromas from all the fresh ingredients you use in this recipe. As a result, I always feel like I’m getting all the nutrients I need in one bowl.
So why not give it a try?
This vegetable orzo soup is easy to make and filled with many delicious flavours. And ingredients like orzo, tomatoes, and potatoes make this healthy dish feel like the ultimate comfort food.
My one-pot vegetable orzo soup is:
- Heart Healthy
- Rich in Nutrients
Looking for the perfect pairing to go with this vegetable soup? Why not try it with a piece of ooey-gooey garlic bread? It will be a guaranteed hit for everyone at the table.
Looking for more delicious recipes like this?
Feeling our best can be challenging during the chilly months. So make sure to grab yourself a big bowl of this hearty and nourishing vegetable soup! You will be warmed up in no time.
Check out the recipe below. But don’t forget to let me know what you think by sharing on Instagram and tagging @foodbymaria!
Vegetable Orzo Soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion cubed
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp dry dill
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- 10 mini potatoes halved
- 1 large zucchini cubed
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 8 cups of hot water
- 3/4 cup of fresh dill
- 1/2 cup of durum wheat orzo
- garnish with some lemon fresh dill and oregano
- Into a large pot, on medium-low heat, add your olive oil and let it heat up for around 30 seconds. Add your onions, and let them sweat out for around 5 minutes on low heat. Stir often to avoid burning. You can then add your garlic, dill, and salt and pepper. Give it a good stir, and let it sweat for another 2 minutes.
- Now add your vegetable stock paste, potatoes and zucchini. Stir till everything is well combined. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high. You want to let them get a nice little golden colour.
- Once golden add your crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and water to a pot and stir well. Bring soup to a boil and simmer on low for 10-12 minutes or until your potatoes are soft-ish.
- To the pot, add the dill and orzo and cook for 7 minutes or as instructed on the package.
- Before serving, check for seasoning and consistency. Enjoy with fresh herbs, a dash of lemon and vegan sour cream!