Guys, I am having second thoughts! Do you think I really should have called my blog CarbsByMaria? I don’t know about you but I am certainly noticing a theme after the past few months. I would lying if I said carbs aren’t my way of comforting myself during these cold months.
Speaking of comforting, that is exactly what this Spicy Vegetable and Chickpeas Pasta did and damn did it feel good. This healthy dish is filled with just the right amount of spice and vegetables to satisfy your palette while keeping your body warm and detoxified.
I would recommend this dish any night of the week (especially if you live in Canada or anywhere else that is currently freezing). It is just so warming and beautiful. Really simple to make, easy to follow and even easier to eat!
A great dish for the whole family and perfect if you are trying to sneak in vegetables to every meal!
This recipe is simple and truly starts with the beauty of vegetable recipes and their ability to completely transform a dish by simply adding beautiful spices and creamy coconut milk.
You are going to love this Spicy Vegetable and Chickpea Pasta because is it:
- quick + easy
- vegan + perfect plant based diet recipes
- filled with greens and natural food
I hope you enjoy this recipe (and many more of the Vegan Recipes) as much as we did! As always if you try the recipe please leave us a comment below, we love your feedback!
If you’re looking for more amazing vegan pasta recipes, try these fan favourites:
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
Spicy Vegetables and Chickpeas with Pasta
- Enough pasta for your family this sauce will feed for four
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 large white onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 can chickpeas strained and drained
- 1 head of asparagus halved
- 1 head of broccolini only use heads save stems for a homemade sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tbsp sweet curry
- 1 tbsp paprika
- dash of cayenne
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiled add your pasta of choice and cook as instructed.
- Into a large pan on medium heat add your olive oil, onions and garlic. Let them cook down for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add your chickpeas and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add your asparagus, and broccolini. Cook for 5 minutes then add your tomato paste, spices and hot cause. Stir well till your pasta has completely coated the veg.
- Simmer/Cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Make sure your veggies are cooked (not overdone).
- Then add your coconut milk, bring to a boil and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Strain your pasta and serve with this gorgeous sauce immediately.