Zucchini Banana Bread
1 loaf, 8 pieces
This Zucchini Banana Bread is everything you love about banana bread and then some. And by that, I mean that it has a special twist with the zucchini in the mix. Don’t let that turn you off though, because this bread is so damn yummy, and you’ll be able to trick all the picky eaters to eat more veggies.
Why you’ll love this Zucchini Banana Bread:
- Hidden Vegetables: This bread has the added health benefits of zucchini
- Quick: It’s quick and easy to make. Only a 15 minute prep time
- Simple Ingredients: Make this bread with ingredients you have in your pantry
- Versatile: Throw in chocolate chips to make it extra delicious
Bob’s Red Mill Flour: For this Zucchini Banana Bread recipe, I like to use a mix of Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour and Almond Flour. I love the different textures both of these flours combined to give the bread. Bob’s is one of my go-to’s for baking supplies. I love their flour because it is high quality and I can trust what I’m putting into my baking. Their almond flour is gluten-free and low carb. If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, you can totally opt out of mixing the all-purpose flour in. You’ll just want to ensure you are getting the ratios correctly as different flours aren’t always a one-to-one ratio.
Zucchini: Zucchini is loaded with nutrients. It’s high in antioxidants, contributes to healthy digestion, helps improve blood sugar levels, heart health, and even your vision. What a lot of people don’t think about is baking with zucchini. Zucchini is like using bananas in a recipe. So for this recipe, I used fewer bananas and added in zucchini. It adds a wonderful texture and moistness to baked goods and helps bulk up cakes, bread, and muffins.
Here is a guide for all sorts of types of flours and how to substitute them into your recipes.
How do you make Zucchini Banana Bread?
This bread is so easy to whip up. Here are the simple steps to make this masterpiece:
- Preheat your oven
- Coat your baking tin with coconut oil
- In a bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, mash your banana with a fork
- Whisk in the zucchini, melted oil or butter, brown sugar egg replacement, vanilla, and almond milk
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, and stir well
- Pour the mixture into your tin
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then 50 minutes at 350F
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking tin and remove to let cool on a wire rack
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Vegan Egg Substitute: If you are do not have a vegan egg you can use a real egg or 1 tbsp. of ground flax seeds and 3 tbsp. warm water combined and set for 3 minutes.
Are all vegetables good to bake with? The simple answer is no. Of course, you’ve heard of carrot cake, and muffins, but not all veggies are equal and with baking, you can’t easily swap ingredients like zucchini. However, for this, you can omit the zucchini altogether for regular banana bread.
Other baking recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
- Easy Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour - Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup almond flour - Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana medium-sized, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 6 tbsp. melted coconut oil or vegan butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg replacement
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Lightly coat baking tin with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Once combined, add the chocolate chunks and coat them well with flour.
- In medium-sized, mash your banana with a fork. Whisk in the zucchini, melted oil or butter, brown sugar egg replacement, vanilla and almond milk.
- Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine. You can now dollop/pour the batter into your greased/parchment-lined baking tin. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F and then for 50 minutes at for 350F.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking tin and remove and cool completely on the wire rack. Serve with vegan butter!
Wow! There is something really special about this bread. Not too sweet and absolutely delicious!
Thank you so much, Gail!
Oh man. Where do I start with this recipe? First of all, it’s delicious. Like seriously good. Second of all, i love the ingredients in it. Third of all, we finished it in under 24 hours. THANK YOU.
hahaha I love this for you guys!!!!
I don’t know why i have waited so long to make this recipe🤔 it is so super delicious. I couldn’t stop myself and ate 3pieces in one go. So super moist and just perfectly sweetened. I am loving how easy to put the ingredients together (no need for squeezing zucchini 👏)! Thank you so much for this recipe.
YOU’RE SO WELCOME! GLAD YOU LOVED IT!!!
My kids absoultely love this
It is honestly unreal!!!!!!
My mom used to put zucchini in cookies when I was a kid to make me eat veggies. It was so smart. Can’t wait to try this!
I would say it’s a hybrid. But still so moist and delicious. I would 100% give it a go then top with icing! Best of both worlds!
This is absolutely delicious! I wasn’t expecting so much flavor and yumminess! Thank you for this recipe and everything you do! You are awesome!
Thank you so much for this review hun! It means so much to me!
In that case you’re going to love these!! Also, that sounds like a good idea for a recipe. Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cookies!
Everything and so much more!!!! I didn’t need any help with the recipe 😘😘
YAY!! Well done, Mary! Thanks for the love!
This was SO delicious. I made it immediately, hardest part was not eating the loaf…Thanks for using such simple ingredients. I used a plant based butter, and the Bob’s egg replacer that you’ve recommended.
I usually ONLY make my mom’s banana bread, and now this will officially be in very regular rotation. My husband and 14 year old son both LOVED it too – thanks for the zucchini sneak in 😉 Delicious.
Thank you so much for such an amazing review, this means so much to us!!