1 loaf, 8 pieces
This Zucchini Banana Bread is everything you love about banana bread and then some. And by that, I mean that it has a special twist with the zucchini in the mix. Don’t let that turn you off though, because this bread is so damn yummy, and you’ll be able to trick all the picky eaters to eat more veggies.
Why you’ll love this Zucchini Banana Bread:
- Hidden Vegetables: This bread has the added health benefits of zucchini
- Quick: It’s quick and easy to make. Only a 15 minute prep time
- Simple Ingredients: Make this bread with ingredients you have in your pantry
- Versatile: Throw in chocolate chips to make it extra delicious
Bob’s Red Mill Flour: For this Zucchini Banana Bread recipe, I like to use a mix of Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour and Almond Flour. I love the different textures both of these flours combined to give the bread. Bob’s is one of my go-to’s for baking supplies. I love their flour because it is high quality and I can trust what I’m putting into my baking. Their almond flour is gluten-free and low carb. If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, you can totally opt out of mixing the all-purpose flour in. You’ll just want to ensure you are getting the ratios correctly as different flours aren’t always a one-to-one ratio.
Zucchini: Zucchini is loaded with nutrients. It’s high in antioxidants, contributes to healthy digestion, helps improve blood sugar levels, heart health, and even your vision. What a lot of people don’t think about is baking with zucchini. Zucchini is like using bananas in a recipe. So for this recipe, I used fewer bananas and added in zucchini. It adds a wonderful texture and moistness to baked goods and helps bulk up cakes, bread, and muffins.
Here is a guide for all sorts of types of flours and how to substitute them into your recipes.
How do you make Zucchini Banana Bread?
This bread is so easy to whip up. Here are the simple steps to make this masterpiece:
- Preheat your oven
- Coat your baking tin with coconut oil
- In a bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, mash your banana with a fork
- Whisk in the zucchini, melted oil or butter, brown sugar egg replacement, vanilla, and almond milk
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, and stir well
- Pour the mixture into your tin
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then 50 minutes at 350F
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking tin and remove to let cool on a wire rack
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Vegan Egg Substitute: If you are do not have a vegan egg you can use a real egg or 1 tbsp. of ground flax seeds and 3 tbsp. warm water combined and set for 3 minutes.
Are all vegetables good to bake with? The simple answer is no. Of course, you’ve heard of carrot cake, and muffins, but not all veggies are equal and with baking, you can’t easily swap ingredients like zucchini. However, for this, you can omit the zucchini altogether for regular banana bread.
Other baking recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
- Easy Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour - Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup almond flour - Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana medium-sized, mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 6 tbsp. melted coconut oil or vegan butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg replacement
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Lightly coat baking tin with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Once combined, add the chocolate chunks and coat them well with flour.
- In medium-sized, mash your banana with a fork. Whisk in the zucchini, melted oil or butter, brown sugar egg replacement, vanilla and almond milk.
- Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine. You can now dollop/pour the batter into your greased/parchment-lined baking tin. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F and then for 50 minutes at for 350F.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking tin and remove and cool completely on the wire rack. Serve with vegan butter!