Who does not love Curry? We’ve been on a total kick in this house and I have never felt better! My skin is glowing, my body is energized and my stomach is loving all the bloat reducing spices.
Healthy meal plans does not have to be time consuming or difficult! This Curry is a perfect example of how easy it can be to eat well, even when you’re on a tight schedule!
This healthy food dish is filled with beautiful and exotic spices all of which are extremely important for our diet! Stocking your pantry full with these spices is something I highly suggest. Not only do they taste amazing in food but they are amazing for your skin, digestive system and for our immunity!
This healthy food dish is:
- carb full
- filled with healthy fats
- rich in anti-inflammatory spices
- plant based protein packed
- wintery + cozy
Thank you Spud for the gorgeous produce that went into this dish and Daniel Wellington for the discount code “BYMARIA”!
Use code “BYMARIA” for 15% off your next Purchase at www.danielwellington.com
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess
- For the rice:
- 2 cups white rice
- 6 cups boiled water (or enough to cover rice by 2 inches)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp. himalayan sea salt
- For the Curry:
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium white onion, cubed
- 1 tbsp. sweet yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli pepper powder
- 2 cups puree tomatoes, no added sugar or salt – could also use cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can red lentils, strained and washed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk – from a can
- Into a pot add your ingredients for the rice. Follow cooking ingredients. I like my rice creamy and rich for this dish but fluffy is great too!
- Into a larged sized frying pan add your coconut oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- To the oil add your onions and cook down on medium heat for 5 minutes. Occasionally stir.
- Add all your spices and give a good stir.
- Now add your tomatoes, tomato paste, and water. Cook down for 5-10 minutes until you reach your desired “thick” consistency.
- Add your strained lentils and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
- Now add your coconut milk and cook for yet another 5 minutes.
- At the last minute add your spinach.
- Garnish with some citrus, coriander and almonds!