17 Apr Grandmas Pasta Sauce (25 minutes sauce)
The perfect recipe, inspired by my Greek roots and family – takes minutes, uses healthy, plant based (or vegan), natural food ingredients. I mean just look at this picture, it might be a bit messy, but it certainly screams “EAT ME”! right? Lucky for you I have turned this into one of the easiest plant based recipes, ever!
All you need is the gorgeous natural and organic foods, a sauce pan, and a high speed blender!
These flavours all marry perfectly and really come together with each and every bite! I don’t feel like I have to say much more about this dish so before I leave you I will remind you why you have to make it!
This Pasta Sauce is:
- Plant-based (vegan)
- quick + easy
- fuss free + clean
- sweet and spicy
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! As always if you try the recipe please leave us a comment below, we love your feedback!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOXPrint
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned roma tomatoes
- 1 cup baby sweet peppers
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- Garnish your dish with red chilli peppers, or chilli oil!
- To a large sauce pan add your olive oil and heat it up for 30 seconds.
- Add your onions to the sauce pan, and sweat them down for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally to avoid burning .
- Now add all of your spices, and veg stock cube. Give them a good stir for 2 minutes.
- Now add your tomatoes (canned and fresh), pepper and fresh herbs. Bring this mixture to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Using a fork smash up your tomatoes and ensure the sauce is nice and soft.
- Let your sauce cool for a few minutes, add it to a high speed blender and blend till smooth.
- Serve hot with pasta, rice or freeze in an air tight container for up to 2-3 weeks.