06 Jan Energizing Espresso Cacao Snack Bites
The New Year is here and I am so excited to get after new projects and tackle all of my goals! A lot of people like to make resolutions that include working out and eating healthy. Well I am here to help in the food department and these plant based energizing espresso cacao snack bites are the perfect place to start. Spoiler alert, they are super easy to make and will be perfect to keep you energized for all your 2019 goals.
Cacao, Cocoa, and Chocolate
I’m sure you’ve heard of all three: cacao, cocoa, and chocolate, but do you know the difference between them? All of the chocolate products you eat come from the cacao seed in some form or another. Cacao is the pure form of chocolate and you can buy it as a butter, nibs, or powder. For this recipe I used the powder form from Sunfood Superfoods. I love having powdered cacao in my pantry because there are so many quick and easy uses for it:
- Stir it into your overnight oats or chia pudding
- Blend a scoop to your green smoothie
- Add to your morning coffee for an extra kick of energy
Cacao: The Healthy Chocolate
Now that you are sprinkling cacao on everything because it is delicious, get ready to use it because of its health benefits:
- Reduces inflammation
- High in iron
- Cacao can actually improve your mood
- High in antioxidants
- Full of magnesium and so much more!
Easy Healthy Snacking
When you are on the go, grabbing a healthy snack doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavour. It also doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in a sweet treat. These energizing espresso cacao snack bites check all the boxes! They are easy to make, easy to travel with, and pack a whole lot of healthy in a small bite. Not only do they make a great morning snack to start your day, they will also give you that boost you need during the afternoon lull. Here are a few of my other favorite on the go healthy snacks:
Check out the recipe for these Energizing Espresso Cacao Snack Bites here!Print
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder – I used Sunfood Super Foods
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2-3 pitted dates, soaked in water for 5 minutes if hard
- 1 tsp espresso coffee grounds
- Simply add all your ingredients into a high speed blend and blend till a thick paste forms.
- To thin it out, simply add more melted cacao oil.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out your balls. Let them chill in the fridge for 3 hours or freezer for 45 minutes before eating.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Sunfood Superfoods