It is a simple Squash + Avocado Salad that you will want to enjoy every night of the week! It is quick, easy and super delicious. Friendly to most intolerances this dish comes in as a plant based and dairy/gluten/sugar free!
I would highly recommend this Squash + Avocado Salad if you are tight on time and want to throw something in the oven while you get on with your tasks or errands.
Pine nuts are:
- high in healthy fat
- help suppress appetite (so you actually eat when you’re hungry)
- boost energy
- good for eye health
- high in antioxidants so great for anti-aging!
So if you were opting to ditch out on them pine nuts, I hope you think again!
It is the perfect winter warming dish…. but with hits of light reminding us spring is just around the corner (right?)!
If you’re looking for that extra bit of warmth and love in your next meal then I highly suggest you check out this recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
Avocado Salad + Baked Butternut Squash (quick + easy)
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- 1 tbsp EVOO or Olive Oil Spray
- 2 avocados cubed
- 1/2 a cup of cucumber cubed
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- a hand full of microgreens
- salt and pep to taste
- 1 tbsp of vegan mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- dash of lemon juice
- salt + pep
- toasted pine nuts - cook on cast iron skillet for 4-5 minutes till toasted
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cut your squash in half (length wise). Add olive oil to a pan and set your squash down cut side down.
- Bake for 35 mins (I like my squash soft) - but double check on your squash because this time will vary depending on size.
- Prepare your salad by adding all ingredients to a bowl and stir gently.
- Prepare you sauce by adding all your ingredients to a bowl and stir till well combined.
- Once your squash are cooked remove from oven and begin assembling your meal by adding the salad, dressing and pine nuts!
- Note: let your squash cool for around 10 minutes prepare plating