For the Rolls:
- 1 large cucumber – cut thinly using a mandolin
- 1 large California Avocado – thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tbsp jalapeno – thinly sliced
- seasoning to taste
Creme Fraiche Pesto Sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream – must have been refrigerated so solid
- 1 cup whole raw cashews – soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- juice of half a lemon
- season to taste
Let us first prepare our simple sauce. Add all your ingredients into a large jar and blend using an emulsifier or hand blender. Blend for around 2 minute or until completely creamy and velvety. You may wish to cool this in the fridge for 30 minutes before preparing your rolls.
Prep your cucumber by washing and using a mandolin to cut into long thin pieces, length wise. Roll into small rolls and place on it’s head or feet. Repeat till you have around 12-14 rolls.
Cut your avocado into thin slices and stuff your cucumber, gently. Sprinkle with salt and maybe some olive oil and lime (optional).
Prepare a simple salsa by thinly cutting your tomato and jalapeno. Season as desired and stir well. Dollop on top of your rolls.
Lastly, add one tsp of your amazing creme fraiche to eat roll and you got yourself a ball game.
To avoid avocado from browning make sure to sprinkle with lime juice.
You will have extra sauce so I suggest you use this amazingness on pastas, salads or sandwiches! It will last i the fridge, in a tight sealed container for up to a week.