These Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything you could ask for in a cookie. They’re soft, chewy, and filled with chocolate. Perfect for a snack, sweet treat, or a special occasion. Plus, is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked cookies? I think not!
Why you’ll love these homemade chocolate chip cookies:
Soft: These babies are so soft and chewy. The perfect texture
Quick: This recipe only takes you 25 minutes to whip up
Plant-Based: This cookie recipe is plant-based but doesn’t fall short in flavor. Even your non-vegan friends will love these
Butter: If you are vegan you can use plant-based butter, but if you aren’t, then totally directly swap in regular butter.
Chocolate: You can’t have homemade chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips! However, you can use dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, or even just cut up your favorite chocolate bar.
How do you make homemade chocolate chip cookies?
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and vanilla, with a hand mixer on medium/high speed until light and pale in color.
4. One at a time, slowly mix in the egg and yolk, until just combined.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
7. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
8. Scoop the dough into “ping-pong” size balls, approximately 2 tbsp worth.
9. Roll the cookie dough balls out with your hand, until smooth.
10. Add extra chocolate chips to the top of the cookie dough balls.
11. Evenly space the cookie dough 2-3 inches apart onto the baking trays.
12. Bake for 11 minutes, until slightly golden on the edges.
13. Allow to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes, then transferring to a wire rack.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Can I make this gluten-free? Yes! Use 1 ½ cups of a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend instead of 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour. Add an extra 1 tsp of vanilla. Do not over mix.
How do I store chocolate chip cookies? Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Allow to come to room temperature or warm in the microwave slightly to serve.
How do you make cookies soft? Always use butter vs. margarine and make sure to cream the butter with sugar. Trust me here. Also, substituting types of sugars can change your consistency, so stick to the recipe. Lastly, fold the flour versus blending or mixing it then chill your dough before baking if you have the time (anywhere from 4-24 hours).
If you want more Greek Recipes, check out our Free Greek Recipe Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check it out here.
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.