Fa la la la la la la la la! ‘Tis the season and I’m in full-blown holiday mode. I wasn’t ever a huge Christmas person because my family didn’t really have any of our own traditions growing up. Being with Andrew has really opened my eyes to the holiday season, and we even got a Christmas tree this year! I guess I’m feeling the holiday cheer this year, and with the holiday season comes the yummy Christmas cookies like this vegan cinnamon cookie recipe.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Sugar Cookie recipe:
I mean, vegan cinnamon cookies just sound delicious, and I’m sure you don’t need too much convincing, but here are a couple of reasons why you’ll love these yummy baked goods:
- They’re easy
- They’re fast
- They can be made in large batches
- They’re delicious, festive and versatile (great base for other almond cookies)
Christmas with Bob
I made this Vegan Sugar Cookie Recipe with my friends at Bob’s Red Mill, they have excellent quality flour that I find really compliments any baked goods. Never underestimate the value of a good quality flour when baking, it seriously makes all the difference! Bob’s Red Mill has different flours that suit everyone’s dietary restrictions. With so many people these days having complicated allergies and restrictions, it can feel next to impossible to bake holiday cookies for your family, but Bob’s has flours that are stone-ground, whole grain, organic, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan. They are perfect for holiday baking, especially these delicious vegan cinnamon cookies.
I used Bob’s Almond Flour that is made with California-grown almonds, is gluten-free, and not only is it great for baking, but it can be used anywhere in the kitchen like bread crumbs in “meat” balls, or as a coating for meat, veggies, or whatever floats your boat! Almonds are notorious for being incredibly healthy and provide a good amount of manganese and vitamin e, as well as a healthy serving of monounsaturated fats. They are also a great boost of protein and are low in carbs. Using almond flour in your baking can be a healthy alternative to regular flour, with so many added benefits!
This vegan almond flour cookie recipe is incredibly easy. It only takes a few ingredients, and you’ll be able to wow your family and friends with a special treat. One of the best parts about any holiday is bringing your family together, fun gatherings with friends and loved ones, and connecting over delicious food and tasty treats. We all are a little guilty about indulging a little too much this time of year, but hey, it’s worth it!
Have no fear with trying to find and make a holiday cookie that is good for all those crazy dietary restrictions in your family, these vegan almond flour cookies are not only gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, vegan, paleo, the list goes on, but they also taste so damn good no one will know! Plus, baking that only requires six ingredients is my kind of baking when you are jam-packed busy during the holiday season.
Other sweet recipes you’ll love:
Happy holidays and if you’re looking for other holiday treats to whip up, check out some of these recipes:
- One Bowl White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Olive Oil Bundt Cake
- Double Chocolate Chunk Marshmallow Cookie Cake Pops
- Bomb As F*ck Vegan S’more Brownies
Vegan Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon & Almond Flour
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk till there are no clumps. Add your warm water and stir till everything is combined. I used a wooden spoon to do this.
- Into a small bowl combine your cinnamon and sugar and stir till combined.
- Roll into balls using a cooking scoop or around 1 1/2 tbsp. Dip into the cinnamon sugar, coat well and place onto a baking sheet. Place balls in the fridge and cool for around 30 minutes before baking at 350F for 15 minutes or until just lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then cool completely on a cooling rack.