A delicious creamy pasta recipe with a long list of fantastic mocktail recipes that go so well with amazing food.
I have been on a major journey lately to really cut alcohol out of my life. Not only is it just healthier but it also makes me feel healthier. I’m finding I’m hearing about more and more people trying to drink less or not drink at all but that doesn’t mean that you still don’t enjoy the idea of a cocktail. That’s why mocktails can be the perfect thing to make you feel fancy and social, but without the harsh after-effects of alcohol. Here are some of my favorite mocktail recipes complete with food pairings.
This citrus salad recipe is refreshing and delicious and paired with a honey ginger mocktail made with Ritual Zero Proof Gin Alternative that you’re going to love!
This creamy baked brie recipe combined with this easy raspberry mocktail is perfect for the holiday season.
This comforting french onion grilled cheese takes classic french onion soup and makes it into a delicious sandwich. Bonus mocktail recipe included made with Ritual Zero Proof Rum Alternative.
This easy creamy brussel sprout recipe is the perfect dip for your next party. Pair it with my gin mocktail for a match made in heaven.
Creamy Leek Pasta
Last but not least, I’ve included an all-new recipe below for creamy leek pasta. This delicious dish is paired with a basil lemon mocktail that is so refreshing. It’s made with Ritual Zero Proof Tequila Alternative. Find the recipe below.
Mocktail Recipes with Meal Pairings (Creamy Leek Pasta)
Basil Lemon Mocktail (makes 1)
- 200 g linguine
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 3 leeks, chopped and rinsed, white and light green parts only
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- zest from one lemon
- chives, ground pepper and squeeze from a lemon wedge for a garnish
For the basil lemon mocktail (makes 1)
- Place 4 basil leaves in a cocktail shaker. Add a pinch of sugar and use a muddler or wooden spoon to crush the leaves slightly.
- Add the tequila, lemon juice and egg white to the shaker and stir. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Fill a cocktail glass with crushed ice and strain the cocktail into the glass. Top with sparkling water and garnish with lemon slices and small basil leaves.
For the leek pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain and then set aside.
- To a high sided frying pan add 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Turn to medium-low heat and add the chopped leeks and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the shallots and minced garlic and continue to cook until softened, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in salt, dried thyme and chili flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute or two.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan along with 1 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup pasta water and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine until creamy or adjust with more pasta water. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with more salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with fresh chives, lemon zest, ground pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.