Simple Holiday Stuffing! Simple + Fuss Free
Tis the season to eat Stuffing falalala lala la la! I love this stuffing! Its easy, it’s fuss free and its MEATLESS!!! Sure, sure, no meat, no flavour?! Bull shit! Its packed to the brim with character, crunch and aromas! I love this because it’s made with staple household ingredients and can literally be made by anyone!
Note: if you’re Gluten Free then just use GF bread! VOILA!
The pecans in this dish are the absolute dream! So crunchy and that nutty flavour really binds this festive time of year together. If you want to really amp things up, then roast them for 10 minutes before adding them to the dish!
This meal is made using natural foods, organic foods and is the next addition to your plant based diet recipes list! Not only is it Vegan, it’s also nourishing and forgiving! Add what you know your family enjoys and remove what you know they don’t. Just make sure not to skip out on the pecans or vegetable stock, they’re crucial!
I would highly recommend making this stuffing and enjoying it with my famous Nut Roast or Potato Pot Pies! I love enjoying all these meals together with some roasted brussel sprouts, carrots, steamed kale, golden potatoes and vegan gravy! Yum!
What are you and your family enjoying for Christmas this year? Are you trying to go meat free? Or eat less of it?
Want a different spin on stuffing? Try my vegan stuffing using cranberries.
You’re going to love this Vegan Stuffing Recipe because it is:
- Crunchy and Soft
- perfect for CHRISTMAS!
What other sides do you and your family love having at Christmas Dinner? Are you a cranberry sauce lover? Gravy? Tell me!
Make sure to tag me in your recreations, I love seeing you enjoy my recipes!
Love from your Greek Good Goddess XOX
Simple Holiday Stuffing + Vegetable Gravy!
For the Stuffing:
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms any kind, finely chopped
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery stalk finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- season to taste
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely sage roughly chopped
- 3 cups stale sourdough bread cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces + 3 tbsp. topping
- 1/2 cup veggie stock
- 1 flax egg 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 1/2 Tbsp water
- garnish with fresh thyme and more sage
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Into a 10 inch cast iron skillet (or frying pan) add your olive oil and butter. Melt on medium heat.
- Add your mushrooms and cook down, on medium heat, for around 2-3 minutes. Add in your onions, celery, carrot and garlic and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning. You want your veggies to be soft but your celery to still have some crunch!
- Add your seasoning, veggie stock cube, thyme and sage. Stir mixture till your veggie stock cube has broken up and is evenly distributed.
- Now add in your bread, pecans, veggie stock and flax egg. Stir till well combined.
- Top with your remaining pecans and fresh herbs like thyme and sage!
- Cook for 40-45 or until golden brown and fragrant!
- Enjoy with Christmas Dinner or as a Sunday Side!
Pin the below photo to save this recipe for later!
What a gorgeous meatless recipe! This combination with mushrooms sounds so good to me! I‘ll definitely try the recipe on Christmas Days! Love your recipes hon!
Thank you so much, it’s really so good. I love the creaminess in this dish! Happy Holidays, love! XX