Okay, I know I’m biased but these seriously bomb AF! This vegan s’mores brownie recipe is not a typical FoodByMaria recipe as it does have butter and sugar but hey, balance is key!
This recipe is easy to make, versatile, gooey, and sooooooooooo good that it’s making my mouth water just typing this. These brownies are perfect for your next party, or to just make up for a sweet treat for yourself because you deserve it!
What I used for this s’mores brownie recipe
For this bombtastic plant-based s’mores brownie recipe, I used some of my fav Bob’s Red Mill products like their almond meal, egg replacement, and all-purpose white organic unbleached flour to make your insides happier than when you eat an average brownie.
Other recipes you’ll love:
I know what you’re thinking though, “Maria, this recipe will NOT help with my 2018 resolutions.” For me balance is key, it’s okay to treat yourself every now and then, especially if you focus on eating healthy the rest of the time. I mean, you only live once! So if you’re looking for some healthier dishes to eat before you devour one or two of these, here are some suggestions:
- Simple + Citrusy Mediterranean Salad with Orzo
- Delicious + Easy Italian Wedding Soup
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Protein Packed Marinara Sauce
This way by the time you reach these bad-ass brownies, your body will love you! 😉
Vegan S'mores Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 egg replacements I use Bob's Red Mill Brand or 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp. flax meal + 6 tbsp. warm water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal - I used Bob's Red Mill Brand
- 1/2 cup unbleached white organic all-purpose flour - I used Bob's Red Mill
- 5 tbsp. cocoa powder could also use cacao
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup vegan graham crackers roughly crushed - I used Mary's Brand from Vegan Supply
- 3/4 cup vegan marshmallow - I used Dandies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grab a 9"x9" glass pan, grease with coconut oil and line with parchment. Set aside.
- Melt your butter in a pot or pan, on low heat. Once melted, add your sugar and melt/stir till well combined and dissolved, ish. The mixture should bubble up, but mate, you don't want to burn it!
- Turn off heat. Add in chocolate. Stir well. Don't burn.
- Remove from heat, let the mixture cool and add in your egg replacement.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients, mixing only until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes as is then remove from oven, add on your crackers and marshmallows. Bake for 20 more minutes or until your brownies pass the clean tooth pick test!
- Enjoy hot with ice cream or just on their own.
- If you don't want your boyfriend to judge you, hide in the bathroom and eat these alone. All of them.
- Let brownies sit in the baking pan for 15 minutes before cutting. (Tip: They taste better the next day!)