This easy Vegan Apple Crumble screams fall. It may not be healthy, but it’s damn good for your soul. It’ll warm you up from the inside out with the perfect in-season apples made into a classic recipe with a vegan twist. Whip this delicious dessert up with basic ingredients and fresh-picked apples, and serve with your favorite vegan ice cream.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Apple Crumble:
- It is made with simple ingredients
- It is perfect for fall
- You can serve it with your fav ice cream
- Made with in-season fruits
How do you make Vegan Apple Crumble?
What I love about crumbles is that they are so delicious but pretty easy to whip together with whatever fruit you have. They are way easier (in my opinion) than pies, however, you can totally use this filling to make a pie with your fav pie crust as well.
First off, you need to start by making the crumble. Mix all the ingredients listed below for the crumble, apart from the butter, into a bowl until well combined. Then add the butter and mix with your hands until large clumps form. Freeze the crumble for 30 minutes or until you are done with your filling.
Next, let’s make the filling. Combine all your filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir well and let sit for up to 15 minutes.
Last but not least, bake ‘er up! Preheat your oven to 350F and grease your baking dish of choice. Give your filling one last toss before adding it to your dish. Top your filling with crumble, mounding if needed, and don’t worry about having a mix of large or small clumps as these will add a good texture.
Bake for one hour or until golden brown and bubbling. Transfer to a rack to let cool then serve with your favorite ice cream.
What apples should I use in apple crumble?
You’ll notice I used honeycrisp apples. However, although you can totally experiment, they say the best options are apples that are crisp and tart, like a honeycrisp or a granny smith. But honestly, I’ve used so many kinds of apples or whatever you can pick at your local apple orchard, and I still find this recipe is always delicious. It’s simple, classic, and it’s the perfect way to use in-season fruits for fall.
What are the benefits of apples?
You’ve probably heard the saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. And to be honest, I can’t tell you if that’s true or not. What I can tell you though is that apples do contain a lot of healthy benefits. Some of the benefits include:
- Whiter, healthier teeth
- Protecting from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Curb all sorts of cancers
- Help reduce cholesterol
- Improves heart health
- Boosts your immunity
Other sweet recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Banoffee Pie
- Fried Bananas 5 Ways
- Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Dark Chocolate Strawberry Chia Jam Cheesecake
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
All images are done in collaboration with Extra For Avocado
Easy Vegan Apple Crumble
For the filling:
To make the crumble.
- Mix all your ingredients apart from the butter into a bowl till well combined. Add butter and mix with your hands until large clumps form. Freeze for 30 minutes or until you are done with your filling.
To make the filling:
- Combine all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir well and let sit for up to 15 minutes.
To bake the crisp:
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease your baking dish of choice lightly and place onto a cooking sheet to avoid oven splatter or dripping.
- Give your filling one last toss before adding to your dish, you want this to be quite dry so leave any excess juices behind. Top your filling with crumble, mounding if need be. Feel free to have large or small clumps for fun texture and crispness!
- Bake for one hour or until your toppings are golden brown and bubbling throughout. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes before serving with some ice cream of choice.