Did someone say cheese? How about vegan cauliflower cheese sauce?
I’ve partnered with NuPasta to bring you one of my new favorite sauce recipes yet – a vegan cauliflower cheese sauce! I know – I’m drooling over this too!
I’m talking an easy AND healthy one-pot vegan cauliflower cheese sauce sauce, that’s super fragrant and made using everyday ingredients like garlic and onions. The recipe for this cauliflower cheese sauce is also so versatile. Keto? No problem. If you are craving carbs or if you want to go carb-free. Don’t have any cauliflower? No worries, try butternut squash instead!
So why is my cauliflower cheese sauce and NuPasta’s fettuccine the perfect pair? NuPasta is known for its low calories, being high in fiber, and gluten-free. The perfect alternative to your traditional pasta.
NuPasta uses healthier ingredients like water, konjac root, and non-GMO soybean which you won’t find in the ingredients of your regular pasta. Pasta is usually made with a wheat – which is a starch and that starch is why pasta can be so high in calories. But why is NuPasta so low in calories? It is made with the root of the konjac plant which is rich in dietary fiber and has no starch. And no starch means fewer calories. Not to mention NuPasta has a whole organic line of pastas to choose from as well!
NuPasta paired with this creamy vegan cauliflower cheese sauce will be more than able to satisfy your hunger without the excess carbs.
Tips to make my vegan cauliflower cheese sauce with fettuccine:
NuPasta also comes pre-cooked so there is no need to boil, making this one-pot recipe even easier! All you need to do is rinse, drain and heat up NuPasta in a pan with my cauliflower cream sauce and you’re finished.
- Make sure to rinse the pasta when removing from the package
- Use good quality ingredients – the fresher the better!
- Be patient when it comes to cooking ingredients like the onions and garlic – this is where you get your flavour and will help set the aroma of the entire dish
- Local or seasonal ingredients will make all the difference in this dish
- Go organic – NuPasta has a line of organic pasta
- Make it your own! Keto, a different veggie, more garlic, you name it – I made this recipe to work for you
If you like this cauliflower cheese sauce recipe, you HAVE to try:
These sauces are all packed with flavor and pair perfectly with any of NuPasta’s spaghetti, angel hair or fettuccine low-calorie pasta! Let me know which one is your favorite in the comments section below!
Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Sauce with Fettuccine
- 2 packages of NuPasta Fettucine
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized white onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- pinch of fresh nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable stock paste
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 400 mL can of coconut milk
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- garnish with fresh vegan cheese parsley and fresh cracked pepper
- Open your NuPasta packages and strain the pasta underwater in a colander. Set your noodles aside and prepare your sauce.
- Into a large saucepan pre-heat the olive oil on medium-low heat for 30 seconds before adding your onions, cook them for 10 minutes. Stir often to ensure your onions don't burn. You want them to get golden and fragrant.
- Now add the garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg and stock paste. Cook the ingredients down for 5 minutes before adding your nutritional yeast, coconut aminos and cauliflower. Increase heat to medium and cook your cauliflower for 5 minutes with lid on.
- Remove lid and add coconut milk and hot water. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes or until your cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Transfer mixture to a high-speed blender and blend till smooth and soft.
- Divide your noodles into two bowls and pour over the desired amount of cauliflower sauce. I like mine really creamy, so I get a bit heavy on the sauce!
- Garnish with vegan cheese, fresh parsley and fresh cracked pepper.