Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
I love a good pizza night! However, making a gluten-free, vegan pizza can sometimes be messy, and annoying. Who really likes cutting up cauliflower super small anyway? I love cauliflower pizza because it’s a healthier alternative to regular pizza dough, plus, it can easily please anyone in the room with dietary restrictions. This Buffalo Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe is loaded with flavor, toppings, and will hit the spot when you get a pizza craving, but won’t make you feel “guilty”. I even put buffalo cauliflower bites ON TOP of the pizza. An extra dose of cauliflower = more flavor and deliciousness.
Why you’ll love this Buffalo Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe:
- It’s incredibly easy to make, with minimal mess
- It is full of that buffalo flavor we all love
- It is a healthier (less carb) alternative to regular pizza
- It’s gluten-free and grain-free
- You can customize it – add your fav toppings or your fav dipping sauce like vegan ranch
- You can eat the buffalo bites on their own too
How to make this vegan cauliflower pizza crust recipe:
Make the buffalo cauliflower bites
First, you’ll make the sauce for the cauliflower bites that’ll serve as a topping on this pizza. You’ll combine a mixture of:
- Almond milk
- Flour (use whatever kind you prefer)
When your ingredients are all stirred together, you’ll add in the cauliflower pieces and make sure they are nice and soaked before placing them on your baking sheet and baking those bad boys until they are golden and crisp. While your cauliflower cooks, you’ll mix up the delicious buffalo sauce to dip those bites into when they’re done cooking.
Cooking the pizza
Next, you’ll need the most important part, the pizza. Get your Cali’Flour Pizza Crust (more on that below) and cook it up to the package instructions. When it’s done, you’ll top it with all the toppings your little heart desires like the buffalo “wings”, onions, dill, green onions, etc. before baking it for another few minutes to get it all nice and warm.
Before you serve, top your pizza with vegan feta, red chili peppers, and more hot sauce, that is if you like it hot like me!
Cali’Flour Pizza Crust
Cali’Flour was started by a lovely human named Amy! Amy was diagnosed with Lupus and because of her diagnosis, she decided to change her habits, including her diet. After realizing that she would need to make food that was healthy and tasty in order to have long-term health and success, she set out to create food that can be enjoyed by everyone but is healthy. In the testing phases of their products, they measured the success of their products by the inflammatory reactions and finally came up with some healthy (and yummy) alternatives to their favorite foods.
I’ve used this crust before to make recipes like my Plant-Based Quesadillas. They’re incredibly easy, take out all the prep work of making your own crust, and taste delicious. I used their Spicy Jalapeno crust for this pizza to give it even more flavor and spice.
On top of that, cauliflower is loaded with benefits for your body and health. It’s a good source of vitamins and fiber, plus it can have several positive impacts on your body when you eat it. It’s so easy to incorporate this veggie into many dishes like soup, tacos, and even vegan “meat“.
What’s your favorite way to consumer cauliflower? Share below in the comments!
Buffalo Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust
For the Buffalo Bites:
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ chickpea flour any flour works really!
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- Season to taste
- 1 tsp. dill powder
- ½ head of cauliflower chopped into small bite-sized pieces (these are going on a pizza)
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegan ranch optional
For the Pizza:
- 1 Cali’Flour Plant-Based Pizza Crust – I used Spicy Jalapeno
- 2 tbsp. vegan parmesan
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan feta of choice hand crumbled
- a handful of fresh green onion roughly chopped
- dash of red chili peppers
- dash of hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 425F and set a vented pan to the side.
- Into a medium-sized bowl add your almond milk, flour, garlic, seasoning and dill. Stir till well combined then add in your cauliflower. Stir until well coated. Using tongs place the individual pieces onto the baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- While your cauliflower cooks add your hot sauce, and ranch into another medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Now remove your cauliflower from the oven and bathe in this magical sauce until completely submerged and covered! *
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until you can tell they have dried out a bit (don’t overcook).
- Now for the pizza, cook your Cali’Flour Pizza Crust as instructed on the package for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and dush with parmesan, around 1/2-3/4 of a cup of buffalo “wings”, some onions, dill and green onion. Bake for 3 minutes.
- Before serving top with vegan feta, red chili peppers and some more hot sauce (optional)…I like it spicy!
I hate making my own cauliflower crust! Can’t wAit to try this easier way!
You’re going to love it! It’s so easy and those buffalo wings are delicious!