If you’re like me, you’re a busy body, and when you’re not constantly on the move, you sometimes just don’t feel like making a meal or snacks. This can cause you to reach for junk food instead which won’t fill you up or add any benefit to your life. That’s where these Chickpea Flour Muffins swoop in as the perfect on-the-go snack and one of my favorite chickpea flour recipes.
Why you’ll love these Vegan Chickpea Flour Muffins:
- They can be made in under 45 minutes
- They are high in protein
- They are versatile – switch up the veggies to what you have on hand
- You’ll have most of these ingredients in your pantry
- They’re gluten-free and vegan-friendly
Chickpea Flour: For these Vegan Chickpea Flour Muffins, I used Bob’s Red Mill’s Garbanzo & Fava Bean Flour. What makes this flour substitute so great is that it’s not only gluten-free but it also includes a healthy protein that can make your baking more filling. Use this in doughs, baking, or in any of your favourite recipes. Chickpea flour is creamy and rich, lending a fantastic texture to baked goods, whether sweet or savoury. This specific blend of flour from Bob’s has a yummy earthy flavour and adds fiber and protein to any recipe I make with it.
How do you make savoury chickpea vegan muffins?
This recipe is actually quite simple to make. All you have to do is prep your muffin tin like normal, and in a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients before adding the water and stirring the mix until it has a pancake-batter-like consistency.
If your mix is too clumpy, don’t be afraid of adding more water. Just making sure you only add a tbsp. at a time!
Once mixed well, add all the remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour the batter into your muffin tin and bake these babies up for around 30 minutes.
I like to garnish these with black salt, hot sauce, or fresh avocado. But the possibilities are endless here!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
How can I get creative with this recipe?
As I said, this vegan recipe is incredibly versatile. You can swap out any of the veggies I used with the ones you have available on hand. You can also switch up the recipe flavour themes. For example, my version is a bit more Mexican-inspired, but why not make these with an Italian twist by utilizing tomatoes and fresh herbs like basil. You could also go to Greece by adding olives, get creative here and let me know your favourite combination! After all, we can’t travel right now so we might as well travel through our food.
Do I need to grease my muffin tin?
No need to grease your non-stick muffin tins, if that’s what you’re using.No need to grease your non-stick muffin tins, if that’s what you’re using.
Other vegan muffin recipes you’ll love:
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Check out how to make these savoury Vegan Chickpea Flour Muffins below and don’t forget to tell me how you like them by rating or leaving a comment.
Vegan Chickpea Flour Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups of water or oat milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper. finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1/4 cup green onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove grated
- Garnish with: black salt hot sauce and fresh chopped avocado
- Preheat oven to 375F and well grease a muffin tin. See notes.
- To a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and stir till completely well combined.
- To the bowl, add the water and stir till your mixture becomes pancake-batter-like. Add more water if your mixture is a bit too clumpy, only add 1 tbsp. of water at a time.
- To the bowl, now add the remaining ingredients and stir till well combined. Do not over stir.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, begin dolloping the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Bake for around 30 minutes and remove from oven. Let them cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- Enjoy with more black salt, hot sauce and fresh avocado!