Salads and Greens
The Best Vegan Potato Salad
By now we all know I have a thing for potatoes and anything carbs, but this Vegan Potato Salad recipe takes it all to a whole new level. This recipe is as simple as can be, creamy, and so damn amazing.
First I was obsessed with my Smashed Potatoes, then My Greek Potatoes! So are we really surprised that this Vegan Potato Salad is my recent addiction? I think not! Plus, it’s perfect for summertime.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Potato Salad:
- It’s super creamy
- It’s really easy and quick to make
- Made with ingredients you’ll have in your pantry
- Only 11 ingredients required
- Pairs great with a BBQ or perfect for a potluck
How do you make Vegan Potato Salad?
This recipe all starts by simply boiling your potatoes to perfection, letting them cool, and then halving them so the inside can soak in all the flavor and sauce goodness. The big game-changer in this Vegan Potato Salad recipe are the capers. They just add so much character and tang to this already amazing and simple dish.
Here is the step-by-step:
- Boil your potatoes until soft, strained, cool, and then half them
- Now into a bowl, add all your other ingredients
- Stir well until combined
I am not kidding! This recipe requires 11 vegan-friendly ingredients, and only about 45 minutes to make from start to finish! What more could you ask for?
The best things about potatoes
Potatoes are really underrated in terms of health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits you can rack in when you consume these delicious carby delights.
- They’re great for bone health because of the iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, and zinc in them
- The potato’s fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health
- Potatoes contain folate which plays a role in helping lower your risk of cancer
- The fiber in potatoes helps aid in good digestion
Other perfect summer salad recipes:
- Vegan Meditteranean Tuna Salad
- Shaved Cucumber Salad with Wild Blueberries
- Vegetable Vegan Pasta Salad
- Easy Vegetarian Picnic Salad
For more Greek recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
The Best Vegan Potato Salad
- 3 lb of white baby potatoes boiled till soft, cooled and halved (can also use Yukon Golds, peeled)
- 2 large handful fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. dill paste or fresh dill
- 2 heaped tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp french's mustard
- 3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 a medium-sized white onion finely chopped
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- dash of red chili flakes
- Boil your potatoes till soft, strained, cool and halve.
- Now into a bowl add all your ingredients.
- Stir till well combined!
- Enjoy! And yes, it's that easy!
Maria, your old potato salad recipe included capers. I made it a few times and people raves about it. The link is broken on Pinterest and I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Could you reshare the ingredients list?