The Easiest Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
1 loaf, 8-10 pieces
It’s the season for pumpkin-flavored everything and this Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe does not disappoint. If you’re looking for something different to make other than banana bread, this is a great alternative. It’s good on its own, warmed up, with butter, or even with your favorite jam. The perfect Halloween treat that the whole family can enjoy.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe:
- Fall Flavor: We all know pumpkin-flavored anything goes hand-in-hand with fall. It’s so comforting and perfect as the weather gets cooler
- Vegan: This bread is made 100% vegan and even your non-vegan friends will love it
- Mix It Up: This bread is versatile and can be made with half pumpkin, half banana instead. You can also add chocolate chips or nuts
Flour & Egg Replacement: For this recipe, I used a handful of Bob’s Red Mill products because they are my favorite and I can always trust their quality ingredients to make great recipes like this one. I used their All-Purpose Flour and Egg Replacement. I usually have all these ingredients on-hand in my kitchen for baking.
Their All-Purpose Flour is milled with the highest quality wheat in North America, their Almond Flour is a great gluten-free alternative and made with ground whole almonds, skins and all, for maximum health benefits. Then lastly, their egg replacement is so handy for us vegans. It’s super easy to use in the replacement of any egg in a recipe. I can always count on Bob’s for clean ingredients to use in my recipes.
Pumpkin: Pumpkin is highly nutritious and is so versatile. It can be added into so many recipes, both for baking or cooking. Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, antioxidants, full of vitamins that can boost your immunity, low calorie, has potassium, and fiber, and the list goes on and on. I love to roast up fresh pumpkin for salads, or throw puree into baking.
How do you make Vegan Pumpkin Bread?
This recipe is easy. Pull it together and pop it in the oven, and your whole house is going to smell like a pumpkin spice heaven. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a bread tin with parchment and lightly grease
2. Into a bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add the pumpkin and whisk into the melted oil or butter, sugar, egg replacement, vanilla, and almond milk
4. Add the flour mix to the pumpkin mix and stir with a wooden spoon
5. Transfer batter to the baking tin and bake for 50-55 minutes
6. Cool before serving with your fav vegan butter
FAQ & Expert Tips:
Swap Out Pumpkin: You can substitute half the pumpkin puree with half mashed banana if you prefer a banana flavor in your bread
Spices: If you don’t love the spice in pumpkin spice you can use as little as you like (or as much as you like). I just like it spicy!
Egg: If you’re not vegan, you can use a regular egg within this recipe versus egg replacement.
Freezer-Friendly: You can freeze this up if you’d like. All you have to do is wrap it up well once it’s cooled and toss it in your freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy, let it thaw, and warm up your slice before eating to make it even better!
What are you baking up this Halloween? Share below in the comments some of your favorite fall or festive recipe!
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Vegan Apple Crumble
- Vegan Chocolate Brownie Muffins
- Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
- Upside-Down Banana Bread Recipe
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
The Easiest Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger spice
- dash of cloves spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil room temperature, then melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg replacements
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp. almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a bread tin with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking oil spray.
- Into a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium-sized bowl add in the pumpkin puree and whisk in the melted oil or butter, brown sugar, egg replacement, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk just till combined.
- Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine.
- Transfer batter to the baking tin and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the bread tin and remove and cool completely on wire rack. Serve with vegan butter!
I was delighted with the recipe, super easy to prepare and most importantly, everyone liked it!
First time I’ve done your recipe and now I’m going to stalk you to find more haha. Love xxx
Yes, please do Maria! Let us know what you make next hun!
I wanted to bake something last night at 7pm. Something simple, fall flavoured, vegan, and DELICIOUS with the ingredients I had on hand. Thankfully, I remembered I had just come across this recipe! It checked ALL the boxes. I should have made two because it’s already half gone! This ones a winner! Thanks for creating, Maria.
Thank you so much for the love, Lauren! So glad you loved this recipe as much as we do!
A great recipe if you are looking for the sturdiness of a Starbucks loaf but the flavour of homemade. I made some substituions based on what I had on hand and they worked out perfect!
THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH GABRIELLE!
This was absolutely delicious! No need to look for any other pumpkin loaf recipe. This is THE one.
Yessss!! Thank you so much for the love, Nicole. This is our personal favorite and genuinely LOVE the recipe! Please let your friends and family know!
I find that pumpkin bread recipes often turn out too dense and gummy. This is not THAT. This pumpkin bread is super fluffy and the perfect texture. The brown sugar adds the perfect touch of molasses. I omitted the nutmeg and cloves and used a little pumpkin spice in it’s place and I may have added a bit more cinnamon and ginger than it calls for but it was amazing and had a great warmth from all the spices. This reminds me exactly of a delicious pumpkin loaf slice you would get at a cafe! I can’t wait to make this around the holidays!
Thank you so much for this wonderful review Hannah! This makes me so happy hun!
Thank you for this recipe, Maria!
You are so welcome, Dimitra!
Have you tried making this gluten free at all?
Sorry hun, it’s only been tested as stated in the recipe but it might work with the Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
This looks perfect to use up some of the pumpkin in my fridge from thanksgiving!
This bread is actually going to blow your mind Lauren!
This recipe was seriously off the hook!
I cannot explain to you how delicious this was! Thank you so much Maria for this amazing recipe!
Thank you so much for the love, Rachel!
This sounds delicious! Pumpkin puree isn’t something that’s easy to come by here in the UK, could I simply roast a pumpkin and make my own puree (cooled) as a substitute here?
Yes! That is exactly what you can do hun!