Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito
I love a good, hearty breakfast. It is truly the most important meal of the day and I feel like when you set the day off on the right foot, you are setting yourself up for success for the rest of the day. This vegetarian breakfast burrito recipe is hearty, filling, and a healthy way to start off your day.
What spices did I use in this vegetarian breakfast burrito?
The key to making this vegetarian breakfast burrito recipe next level is the flavoring I used. I teamed up with my friends at Simply Organic to create something absolutely delicious. I always trust them to have such high quality spices to really take my recipes to the next level. For this recipe I used their:
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
These flavors add such the perfect warming, fall flavors to this burrito. Like does anything really get better than rosemary, sage, and GARLIC!?
How to make a vegetarian breakfast burrito:
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add onion, rosemary, 2 teaspoons sage, and garlic powder; cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until completely tender, and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and dash of sage. In a medium pot, heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter, add egg mixture and cook through, stirring to scramble.
3. Lay out tortillas and spoon one third of vegetables and one third of eggs onto center of each tortilla. Top each with crumbled feta, fold over left and right sides, then tuck bottom of tortilla over filling and roll into a burrito.
4. Heat a skillet to medium and cook each burrito for 2 minutes on each side. Let cool slightly, cut in half and enjoy with salsa.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
What else can I put in a breakfast burrito? The options are endless. Think of this the same way as you would think of a omelet where you can throw just about any veggie into it and it’ll taste great. You can also play with the spices and add more, less, or different types for a different flavor profile.
What should I serve these with? I love them with salsa and sour cream, however, you can serve with your favorite hot sauces, or whatever floats your boat!
How do I make this recipe vegan? Since this recipe is heavily reliant on eggs, it’s hard to make an exact vegan replication, but you can make a tofu scramble instead to add some protein into this, use vegan cheese, and butter.
For the recipe, click here
Other breakfast recipes you’ll love:
- Savory Steel Cut Oats
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole
- Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
So, I put fresh arugula instead of grilled spinach, if anyone is wondering YUP it was amazing!
So awesome, Tamara! Great idea!
Really good, but I never know how to properly wrap and they always seem to get soggy… Who else would eat this every morning though!!
Right? It is really easy to wrap though! I promise! Watch the video associated to it on the @foodbymaria IG
Super tasty, I made this recipe for my best friend and me, super tasty and very filling. Highly recommend.
I did not have all the seasonings, I feel like that defeated the purpose, but nonetheless !! haha
It’s fine! this is super versatile! Just have fun with it!