10-Ingredient Easy Vegan Chili Recipe
Chili has to be one of the easiest meals you can throw together that’s healthy and will serve the whole fam. This Vegan Chili Recipe is a great recipe to pull together, especially when you are short on groceries because it only takes 10 ingredients to make this baby!
Why you’ll love this Vegan Chili Recipe:
- It’s incredibly easy to pull together
- It is super healthy and vegan
- You only need 10 ingredients to make it
- It’s dairy-free
- Loaded with protein
- Incredibly versatile
- You can batch cook it & freeze it for future meals
How do I make Vegan Chili?
Chili is one of the easiest meals to pull together because you can really throw in any ingredients you have in your pantry. Switch up the beans if you don’t have the ones I’ve used, or throw in some veggies that are about to go bad in your fridge.
This recipe is really easy to make. All you do is:
- Add oil into a large pot and heat it up before adding the onions that you’ll cook down, stirring often
- Add garlic, vegetable stock paste, chili spice mix, Tabasco and S&P. Stir it all up until onions are coated!
- Add lentils and beans to the pot and stir well on low
- Increase the heat and add the tomatoes and water
- Bring everything to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the beans are extremely buttery
- Serve it up with your fave toppings!
How do you use Tabasco in your chili recipe?
Tabasco is one of my not-so-secret ingredients with a flavour in my chili. I use their Green Pepper Sauce but you can also use their Chipotle Sauce if you want that BBQ smoky flavour. Their Green Pepper Sauce adds a fresh and tangy flavour to this recipe, however, it’s not super spicy for those that aren’t big on spice.
Tabasco has been a staple in most people’s fridges for years. They’ve actually been around since 1868. Isn’t that crazy? That’s how you know it’s good! I love having it in my fridge because I can literally put it on or in anything. Soups, salad dressings, sauces, stir fry, you name it.
What kind of beans should I use in my chili?
For this easy Vegan Chili Recipe, I’ve used black beans and lentils as my main sources of protein. However, you can get creative and add in whatever you have. I’ve used some of the following before:
- Black beans
- Kidney beans
- Pinto beans
Try to avoid using white beans as they’ll break down easier and give you a completely different consistency.
What topping should you put on chili?
Ohhhh this is the fun part! Personalize your chili the way you like it. The whole family can add what they like on top. Here are some ideas for toppings:
- Lime wedges
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream or cream cheese
- Fresh herbs (like cilantro)
- Tortilla chips
What to do with your leftover chili?
As I said, chili is incredibly versatile, and I love using leftover chili in other recipes. Here are a couple of creative ways I use leftover chili:
Stuffed in a baked potato
Oh, baby! Who doesn’t love a good ol’ baked potato? Add some chili on top and you have a hearty and deliciously comforting meal. Baked potatoes are versatile just like chili because you can stuff and top them with all the fixings your heart desires. Toss on the leftover chili and any additional topping you liked from my list above.
Use this recipe and just swap out the tuna stuffing with chili.
Swap out the filling with this delicious chili recipe and you’re sorted. It’s that easy! I love thinking of new creative ways to use up leftovers because I hate food waste. These two recipes are great ways to use up all that chili you make and they’re super crowd-pleasing recipes your whole family will love.
Use this recipe for Shepherd’s Pie and just swap out the filling for chili!
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Chipotle Corn Chowder
- Vegan Italian Wedding Soup
- One-Pot Orzo Vegetable Soup
- Hearty Vegetable & Mixed Bean Stew
Check out more recipes using Tabasco and inspiration on how to use up leftovers here.
10-Ingredient Easy Vegan Chili Recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- medium sized sweet white onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- 2 tbsp. chili spice mix
- 3 tbsp. Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 400 mL can of lentils
- 1 400 mL can of black beans
- 1 400 mL can of romano beans
- 1 600 mL can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- Vegan Cheese
- Fresh Herbs
- Fresh Lime
- Tortilla Chips and Vegan Cream Cheese
- Into a large pot add the olive oil and heat on medium heat for 30 seconds before adding the onion. Cook it down for 8-10 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning.
- To the pot, add the garlic, vegetable stock paste, chili spice mix, tabasco, salt and pepper. Stir till the onions are fully coasted with spices and reduce heat to low.
- To the pot, add the lentils and beans. Stir till well combine, increase heat to high and diced tomatoes and the water. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the beans are extremely buttery.
- Serve hot with all the gorgeous toppings listed above.
This was the perfect Chili. This recipe will definitely follow me into summer time too!!!
Thank you so much Alexa!
I made this with my family last night and it was so easy and delicious. Thank you!
Thank you Erin!
Such a fantastic recipe!!!
Thanks so much, Silvie! We love this recipe.
This is such a great recipe!!!!!!