A vegan, simple treat. Easy to make, and that much easier to enjoy. No utensils required, just those hands of yours!
- Collard Greens (I used 5 large leaves to make 5 large rolls)
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 golden beet, very, very thinly sliced
- 1 red beet, very, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup of greens – I used micro greens, but spinach, or alfalfa would work great here too!
- 1/4 cup of roughly chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 lime, for garnish, and to drizzle on top
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp crunch peanut butter
- 1 tsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean, and remove the stem of the collards
- Boil water, then place the collards in and simmer in water for 5 minutes, but not till they are wilted, they should still hold good shape (so keep an eye on them)
- Now make the tahini sauce. Add tahini, peanut butter, juice from 1/4 of a lime, and water into a bowl and stir.. season with and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove collards from water, and place onto their back side (concave up)
- Now begin filling them with quinoa, beets, greens and fresh herbs!
- Now for the rolling. Bring both sides in, and pinch them from the bottom, and begin to roll upwards. Do not overfill these bad boys, or else you will be presented with a problem.
- I finished them off by rolling them in the sesame seeds, and dipping them in the amazing tahini dip!!