Black Bean Dip Recipe
This Black Bean Dip Recipe is super easy, and so delicious! Simple to prep, and no guilt attached. You won’t feel bad for double-dipping into your Ryvita’s even if the last bite! And the best part is you don’t have to use black beans, you can give it a go with chickpeas, kidney beans, or even lima beans… be creative and have fun in the kitchen. The only way to learn is to try!
Why you’ll love this Black Bean Dip Recipe:
- Quick & Easy: Literally only takes 25-minutes to put together
- Loaded with Protein: Beans, what a glorious ingredient
- Perfect for Healthy Snacking: Whip some up and have it in your fridge for the week
- Versatile: Dip your favorite veggies, chips, or crackers, or spread it on a sandwich/wrap
Here are the key ingredients to make this Black Bean Dip Recipe:
Ingredient Notes: Black Beans
This Black Bean Dip Recipe is super easy to make, as you can see from the above. However, what’s so great about black beans anyway? Black beans can help with:
- Maintaining healthy bones
- Lowering blood pressure
- Managing diabetes
- Warding off heart disease
- Preventing cancer
- Healthy digestion
- Weight loss
Black beans can be a great addition to recipes like this Black Bean Dip Recipe, but they can also be added to salads, Mexican dishes, or any recipe for a protein boost.
- Olive Oil: If you do not have olive oil, use avocado oil
- Black Beans: I highly suggest using black beans for this recipe but if for some reason you don’t have access to them or don’t like them then try red kidney beans
- Cooking: If you want to bake this dip, transfer it to a skillet and bake for 20 minutes at 400F. Top with cheese, sour cream, and salsa and stir
- Storage: The dip will last up to one week, in the fridge, in a tightly sealed container
How to make this Black Bean Dip Recipe:
Step 1: To a medium-sized pot, heat the olive oil and cook the onions and garlic on medium heat till translucent and fragrant. Set aside.
Step 2: To the food processor, add the black beans, salt, cumin, pepper, red chili flakes, tomato, pickled banana pepper, jalapenos, and cilantro. Blend till smooth.
Step 3: To the food processor, add the cooked onions + garlic. Blend till there are no clumps.
Step 4: Transfer the mixture to the medium-sized pot and cook for 20 minutes on low heat. You can the dip to have thickened. The texture should be between the consistency of a thick black bean dip and thick salsa.
Step 5: Before serving stir in the cheese, sour cream, and green salsa.
Step 6: Top with more cilantro and lime. Optional, add feta on top (omit shredded cheese).
Could I use other beans for this dip? You can definitely get creative with this dip by substituting black beans with other beans like kidney or pinto beans. However, I personally love the taste of black beans myself.
What do I serve with black bean dip? You can serve this dish with tortilla chips, potato chips, crackers, or even veggies! It’s even great as a spread on sandwiches or added to a yummy lunch bowl.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Garlic Confit
- Easy Vegan Deviled Potatoes
- Plant-Based Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Vegan Cranberry Cheese Tarts
- Quinoa Spinach Patties
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion rough chop
- 4 cloves of garlic rough chop
- 1 400 mL can of black beans strained, drained, and dried
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin spice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 medium-sized tomato rough chop
- 1/4 cup total pickled banana peppers, and pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. green salsa of choice
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled (this is optional, omit shredded cheese if using this)
- fresh lime juice
- more cilantro
- To a medium-sized pot, heat the olive oil and cook the onions and garlic on medium heat till translucent and fragrant. Set aside.
- To the food processor, add the black beans, salt, cumin, pepper, red chili flakes, tomato, pickled banana pepper, jalapenos, and cilantro. Blend till smooth.
- To the food processor, add the cooked onions + garlic. Blend till there are no clumps.
- Transfer the mixture to the medium-sized pot and cook for 20 minutes on low heat. You can the dip to have thickened. The texture should be between the consistency of a thick black bean dip and thick salsa.
- Before serving stir in the cheese, sour cream, and gree salsa.
- Top with more cilantro and lime. Optional, add feta on top (omit shredded cheese).
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or whatever chips or crackers you have on hand.
my girlfriend made this for me last night and theres none left.. it was THAT good!
YESSS THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!
ok, this dip recipe was UNREAL!
thank you so much for the love, whitney!
Wow super awesome site! Thanks for posting!
thanks so much for the kind words! means a lot