Why you’ll love this Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:
- This recipe is fast and easy to whip up
- It can be made in an Instant Pot if you prefer
- It’s freezer-friendly – make it ahead & have some in the freezer in case sickness hits
- It’s adaptable – add in your fav veggies
- It’ll remind you of when your mom used to take care of you as a kid
One of the great additions to this recipe is the use of Miso. Miso is magical and has so many added health benefits. People will argue that you’re not supposed to heat Miso but I put it in the stag before adding water simply because I think it’s easier and faster. Some of the benefits of miso are that it:
- Is a source of copper, manganese, vitamin K, protein and zinc
- Rich in enzymes from the fermentation + beneficial bacteria
- Adds a ton of flavour to any recipe
Miso can create a tasty base to recipes, it can be awesome for marinades, and is an awesome way to add depth and flavour to veggie-forward dishes which may normally come out bland!
Things to make your soup perfect
To make sure you get the perfect vegan “chicken” noodle soup, here are some of my biggest tips:
- Use the best produce possible
- Choose your pasta or noodles wisely, but pick what you love the most
- Make sure to sauté your vegetables as long as possible, this is a flavour building step and will transform your soup
- Check for salt once the soup is ready and cooled just slightly you want it well salted for added flavour
- Add a little dash of lemon to each bowl, it adds that perfect tang to make sure everyone at the table is satisfied
- Use either vegetable stock paste or vegetable stock, just water won’t do it here folks!
This one-pot recipe is so easy and will for sure become a staple in your house to help boost your immunity and keep you healthy all winter long. Yum! Even when you’re not sick vegan “chicken” noodle soup is so warming and comforting. It really makes you feel at home and loved.
Other recipes you’ll love to try next:
Looking for additional soup recipes to whip up for the winter? Here are some of my favourites:
- Vegan Vegetable Soup
- Vegan Ramen
- Plant-Based Cauliflower Soup
- Greek Lemon Rice Soup
- Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
I want to know! What are your biggest comfort foods that you can’t live without in the colder months? What gets you through the cold and flu season and keeps your family healthy and happy? Share your recipe suggestions and favs in the comments below. I love to know what you love! 🙂
Easy Vegan "Chicken" Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or finely chopped
- 1 cup raw carrots into bite-sized pieces
- 3 stalks of celery finely chopped or into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 large bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- season to taste
- 1 400 ml can cooked white kidney beans washed and strained
- boiling water
- 1 tbsp. white miso
- noodles of choice - I added 1/2 cup uncooked little bite-sized bow ties
- garnish with lemon juice and fresh parsley
- To a large pot add your olive oil and heat on medium-high heat for 1 minute before adding onions. Cook the onions for 5 minutes or until translucent. Into the pot add your garlic, carrots and celery. Cook them for 7-8 minutes while stirring often to avoid burning. Scrape any brown bits that develop at the base of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- To the pot, add the turmeric, paprika, bay leaf, vegetable stock paste, chili flakes, seasoning and beans. Stir till the vegetables and beans are completely coated with spice and seasoning.
- Increase heat to high, add your boiling water (you want to just cover the vegetables). Stir the vegetables, bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes before adding your miso and noodles or pasta. Cook noodles or pasta as instructed. Give everything a good stir.
- Once cooked, garnish with a little dash of lemon per bowl and a sprinkling of fresh-cut parsley.