Hey guys! I made another Udon Noodle Bowl! By now all of you must know that I am clearly obsessed with making Udon Bowls! Udon Noodle bowls are just so easy to make, and literally take me under 20 minutes to prepare! The dish is really quick to make, which is a huge bonus! Why? Well, because easy but healthy meals are super important to me as I am always on the go, and am almost always short for time.
If you are always short for time then what better way to fuel your body than with a healthy, high fat, and nourishing ingredient Udon Bowl to kick off your afternoon!
In particular, Udon Bowls are just amazing because they are filling. Especially because they do not leave you wanting more because you get all 5 flavour pallets from the citrus, crunch and cream of the dish.
We highly suggest Udon Bowls on a hot summers day, or as the perfect picnic treats (hint hint to all you men taking a lucky lady on a first date!). You could also check out my Salads + Greens for more inspiration, and ideas on how to create more flare and flavour in your Green Dishes!
This beautiful Udon Bowl is:
- Plant Based
- Filled with Healthy Fats
- Loaded with Carbs for energy
- High in Dietary Fibre
I really hope you all enjoy this simple recipe as much as we did!
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
Fresh Mint + Avocado Pomegranate Udon Bowl
- 2 packets of Udon Noodles - cooked in hot water for around 10 minutes
- 1 green zucchini medium sized, spiralized
- 1 yellow zucchini medium sized, spiralized
- 1 avovado some thinly sliced, or whole - choose what you prefer
- 1/2 a cup of freshly cut mint
- 1/4 cup of pomegranates
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds for crunch
- Lime and more mint for garnish
- Place your udon noodles into a large bowl with hot water (just covered) for around 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Into a small bowl add all your sauce ingredients, and whisk together till well combined. Set aside.
- Prepare your veg by spiralizing the zucchini, slicing the avo, lime and mint! Place your pomegranates, and sesame seeds aside as well!
- Once your udon are fully cooked (you can tell by the soft texture) strain them, and add the sauce to this bowl and stir well, or until all the noodles are fully coated!
- You can now begin to assemble to your bowl!
- I like you place the noodles down first, then the veg and garnish! Play with your styling, and try your best to have fun with it!
- You cannot go wrong! Enjoy.