Who doesn’t love a yummy BBQ-inspired dinner or lunch? This Grilled Vegetable Wrap delivers just that. It’s packed with protein, easy to take on-the-go if you’re packing a picnic, lunch for work, or going on a hike, and you can whip it up and personalize it for even the picky eaters in your family.
Why you’ll love this Grilled Vegetable Wrap:
- It’s easy-to-make
- It’s versatile and can be made with whatever you have in your fridge
- It’s a good recipe for meal prep
- Perfect for the whole family to personalize their own wrap
What are the best plant-based tortillas?
Tortillas are so versatile for wraps like this one or for tacos, quesadillas, etc. For this recipe, I used Silver Hills Sprouted Tortillas. I always make sure I have some of these on hand. They are certified organic, and have 29 grams of sprouted whole grains per tortilla!
Why choose sprouted grains? They maintain amazing taste, plus they are great for your health. Sprouting is nature’s way of unlocking valuable nutrients, making these tortillas something you can trust for your whole family. Sprouting makes nutrients easier for our bodies to absorb and helps retain all the nutrition and fiber.
What’s so great about sprouted grains?
Silver Hills products are made with sprouted grains which store all the good taste and health benefits your body craves. High starch foods leave you foggy and lethargic, which is not at all how you want to feel. When you use products like Silver Hills with sprouted grains, you’re helping fuel your most important organ, your brain. What’s even better is that you’ll also get the benefits of the essential nutrients like B vitamins and C vitamins, giving you a boost of focus and mental alertness.
How do you make a Grilled Vegetable Wrap?
This plant-based, healthy recipe can easily be pulled together for a quick lunch or dinner. You’re going to want to start with your protein, the beans here first. Heat up a medium pot on low and add your oil before adding onions and cooking them down. Next, add your fragrant garlic, and cook everything together before adding beans and remaining ingredients (other than the vegetable stock).
Next, increase your heat and cook everything for 5 minutes, this is where all your flavours will merge together. Increase the heat again and add the veggie stock until the mixture comes to a boil. Turn to simmer for 25-28 minutes on low. Your house is going to smell deliciously of BBQ in this step! When the beans are cooking, mash them up to have a creamy consistency.
Next, let’s move onto your veggies. Preheat your BBQ, grill, or broiler. Add all the ingredients for the veggies in a bowl and toss well to coat them. Grill these bad boys up and let them char for added flavour!
Just before the veggies are done, warn up your Silver Hills Sprouted Tortillas on your grill or even in your microwave.
Assemble your wrap up and top with:
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
What veggies should I use?
The world is your oyster here! Use up whatever you have on hand, but some of my personal favourites for this plant-based Grilled Vegetable Wrap are:
- Bell peppers
Let me know what your fav grilled veggies are to add to this wrap recipe by commenting below in the comments.
Healthy BBQ Grilled Vegetable Wrap
For the beans:
For the wrap:
- 3 Silver Hills Sprouted Tortillas
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa
- 1 cup spinach
For roasting veggies:
- 6-8 thin asparagus spears trimmed
- 1 small sweet white onion sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small eggplant sliced (1/2 inch cuts))
- 1 cup mushroom of choice halved
- 1 zucchini sliced (1/2 inch cuts)
- 3 large garlic cloves crushed or finely minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- First, prepare the beans.
For the beans:
- Heat a medium-sized pot on low heat and add olive oil. Heat for 30 seconds before adding onions and cooking for 5 minutes stirring often. Add your garlic and stir. Cook for 3 minutes before adding beans and the remaining ingredients apart from the vegetable stock. Increase heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, allowing the flavours and ingredients to marry. Increase heat to high, add vegetable stock, cook for 3 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil then simmer for 25-28 minutes on low.
- You want the mixture to be thick but not clumpy. Your house will smell amazing and your taste buds will be ready for all that BBQ food!
- Gently mash the beans to achieve a smooth, spreadable bean mixture.
- While your bean simmer, preheat BBQ, grill or boiler!
- To a large bowl, add all the ingredients for roasting veggies. Gently toss and well coat each ingredient. BBQ, grill or broil the vegetable medley for around 5-7 minutes, only flipping once. Be patient and let them char!
- Just before your veggies finish, give your Silver Hills Sprouted Tortillas a grill (around 1 minute on each side). Feel free to use a brush and brush on any remaining marinade from the veggies to really amplify those flavours!
- To assemble, spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over each tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup grilled veggies, fresh cilantro, cheese, sour cream, salsa and spinach. Roll the tortillas tightly, tucking in the sides and you go. Cut at a diagonal and serve immediately with a fresh salad!