Let us prepare ourselves to enjoy dark chocolate truffles coated in Matcha. You will probably eat all 12 at once, but there is nothing wrong with eating antioxidants with more antioxidants!
These truffles are made using two ingredients, in one bowl and are easily transformed into a crunchy treat by adding seeds, nuts or your favourite super food powders!
I am not a huge fan of sweet treats (I am more of a savoury girl) but there is something about healthy truffles that keep me coming back for more! I used Thrive Enhance Matcha Powder is this recipe and the green tea taste added so much goodness to these sweet treats. Actually, if you head over to their site now you can sign up for a free 14 days trial and receive your very own Enhance Matcha Powder!
Matcha (Enhance Organic’s) is super good for your skin as is it extremely rich in vitamins and mineral nutrient dense. It is Natures way of giving back with 137x the antioxidant levels of green tea, which is insane! So I do not see why you would not enjoy chocolate and matcha all at once?
These truffles are extremely simple to prepare, requiring 5 ingredients and no tedious or out of reach kitchen equipment!
These Truffles are:
- filled with antioxidants
- simple to make
These would be perfect for snack time (at any time) or even if you are looking to bring something healthy round to your friends gathering, wine night or book club.
I hope you all enjoy this treat as much as we did.
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
Homemade Matcha Coated Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Fill medium sized pot with water and let it come to a boil, then simmer.
- Place a bowl over the pot (this is called a double boiler or water bath) and add in your chocolate. Stir often with whisk to avoid burning.
- In a separate pot warm up your coconut milk but do not bring it to a boil.
- Once warm transfer coconut milk to your chocolate and stir till combined.
- Now let the mixture sit, without stirring for two minutes.
- Now add your vanilla, salt and cacao. Stir till smooth.
- Set mixture, uncovered in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Using a melon baller begin scooping out for truffles. Roll into balls and coat with Matcha, seeds or nuts! Place onto baking sheet covered with parchment. Repeat steps till you have no more chocolate mixture left.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge in a tight seal container!
- Note: if you eat them out of the fridge then bring them to room temp for around 10 minutes first!