1 cake, 12 pieces
There are certain flavor combinations that just scream fall and pecans, coffee, and cranberry are all so comforting to me. This vegan-friendly, easy-to-make Pecan Coffee Cake is all the things you love about fall wrapped up in an easy recipe. Make it for Thanksgiving, or just for a treat for yourself.
Why you’ll love this Pecan Coffee Cake:
- It’s easy-to-make
- It is vegan-friendly
- It has the fall flavor combo of cranberries and pecans
- It extremely comforting
What are the benefits of cranberries?
In this Vegan Cranberry Pecan Coffee Cake, one of the star ingredients is obviously the cranberries. I love cooking and baking with cranberries because they are so versatile. Lots of people only use cranberries in cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, but what they often forget is that they can be enjoyed year-round in so many different recipes. Toss them in salads, add them to your healthy bowls, oatmeal, or bake them into your favorite banana bread. Seriously, you can do so many things with them and the best part is that they are healthy.
Looking for another cake recipe? Try this vegan chocolate cake recipe.
Cranberries are a powerhouse of antioxidants, they can boost your immunity, combat disease like cancer, and even prevent dreaded UTI’s. For this recipe, I used Patience Fruit & Co. cranberries because I love their products. They sell dried and fresh cranberries that are naturally sweetened and so delicious.
How do you make Pecan Coffee Cake?
This recipe is simple. It takes a little time to put together and bake, but I promise that it’s easy and will be worth it. Your first step to start is to preheat that oven and grease or butter your favorite springform cake tin or pan.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Then add the egg replacement and continue to stir to combine (if you don’t want to make this vegan, you can use a regular egg too). In a third bowl, combine your flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cacao or instant coffee and salt. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well well intermittently adding in the yogurt. If the batter is too thick, just add the almond milk in 1 tbsp. intervals.
Now, to the bowl add the fresh cranberries and pecans and stir it up!
Pour the batter into your pre-greased baking tin and bake the cake for about 1 hour or until its toothpick approved! Top with your favorite Vegan Chocolate Frosting and some cranberries!
Other cranberry recipes you’ll love:
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Vegan Cranberry Pecan Coffee Cake
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg replacements
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cacao or instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan yogurt unsweetened
- 3-4 tbsp. almond milk
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/ 2 cup Patience Fruit and Co. Fresh Cranberries + 1/4 cup for garnish before cooking
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease or butter your favorite springform cake tin and set aside.
To make the cake:
- Into a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla. To the bowl, add the egg replacement and continue to stir/combine.
- Into another bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cacao or instant coffee and salt.
- To the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients alternatively between the yogurt. Stir till well combined. If the batter is a bit too thick, slowly add in the almond milk add needed, in 1 tbsp. intervals.
- Now, to the bowl add the fresh cranberries and pecans. Stir the mixture till well combined.
- Pour the batter into your pre-greased baking tin.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour or until its toothpick approved (you want the toothpick to come out completely clean). Let the cake cool completely.
- Top with your favorite Vegan Chocolate Frosting and some cranberries.