Appetizers + Side Dishes
Potsticker Sauce Recipe (5 Minute Recipe)
1 Small Jar
Who doesn’t love potstickers? For those that don’t know what they are all about, essentially they are a type of dumpling. Filled with, traditionally, pork and cabbage, or cabbage and vegetables like carrots for the vegetarian/vegan version. Potstickers are folded into a pleated crescent shape then pan-fried or steamed, making them have a beautiful crisp on the outside but a juicy inside. This potsticker sauce recipe is the perfect side to dip your potstickers into. It’s spicy, flavorful, and so perfect.
Why you’ll love this potsticker sauce recipe:
- Flavorful: I said it once and I’ll say it again, the combo of these ingredients really brings this sauce (and your potstickers) to life
- Easy: Prep this sauce in only 5-minutes and keep it for all the potstickers you plan to consume for up to a week
- Versatile: Use this sauce on so much more than potstickers. It’s versatile and it’s flavorful!
The ingredients for this delicious potsticker sauce recipe are as follows….
Chili Oil & Paste: Oh baby! This is what makes it spicy but don’t worry, it won’t knock your socks off.
Rice Wine Vinegar: Lime juice, sherry vinegar or champagne vinegar are good replacements here if you don’t have rice wine vinegar.
Soy Liquid Seasoning: If you don’t have this on hand, feel free to use soy sauce or tamari!
How do you make this potsticker sauce recipe?
Okay, I wasn’t joking when I said this was the easiest recipe ever. Seriously all you have to do is throw all your ingredients together:
- soy liquid seasoning
- maple syrup
- rice wine vinegar
- chili pasta
- chili oil
- sesame seeds
- green onions or chives
Once added in a small bowl, mix it all together or even shake it up in a jar, and voila!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
How long will this potsticker sauce last? This sauce will last up to 1 week in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.
What is the difference between a potsticker and a dumpling? These names can be used interchangeably on menus which makes it hella confusing. Potstickers are slightly different from dumplings as they are crispy on the outside based on how they are cooked, however, both dumplings and potstickers are made with doughs on the outside and similar fillings.
What else can I use this sauce on? Get creative. You can drizzle it on a healthy bowl, add it to salads, use as a dipping sauce for other delicious dumpling combinations, or drink it. Okay, kidding on the last one 😉
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Grits & Creamy Beans & Collards
- Refried Beans & Avocado Tacos
- Hearty Vegetable + Mixed Bean Stew
- Vegan BBQ Black Bean Meatballs
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Potsticker Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy liquid seasoning
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tbsp. chili paste
- 1 tsp. sesame chili oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- handful chopped green onion or chive
- Simply add your ingredients into a bowl and stir till combined!