This fresh Shaved Cucumber Salad with Wild Blueberries is vegan, delicious, and oh-so-perfect for summer. It’s fresh, it’s easy to make, and you can eat it on its own or pair it with your fav foods that are straight off the BBQ.
Why you’ll love this Shaved Cucumber Salad:
- It’s made with fresh ingredients
- It is loaded with summer flavors
- It is perfect for a pot luck or BBQ
- The best light dish for summertime
Why are cucumbers so great?
Cucumbers are a great source of water which helps you get your daily dose when you aren’t so good of keeping up with all those glasses you’re supposed to drink in a day. On top of that, in just a single cup of cucumber slices, you’ll get 14% to 19% of the vitamin K you need in a day. They also have antioxidants, and they’re so versatile. You can throw them into so many recipes, eat alone, or even freeze them for your morning smoothies.
Dried blueberries? Tell me more
For this Shaved Cucumber Salad recipe, I used Patience Fruit & Co. Dried Blueberries. I love Patience Fruit & Co.’s berries. They are so delicious, so easy to snack with, and perfect to throw into recipes like this one for added nutrients.
These blueberries come from the wild in Quebec and New Brunswick, where they are grown naturally and organically. They are smaller than what you see in the grocery aisle because of that, but they are 10 times more delicious. I promise you. They’re to die for. These berries are dried slowly to preserve their soft texture and will add a pop of flavour to whatever you decide to put them on.
What to use dried blueberries for
There are so many ways you can use dried blueberries. Here are some ideas to get the juices flowing:
- Substitute fresh blueberries in your baking
- Toss them on top of your cereal or oatmeal
- Add them to cookies
- Sprinkle on top of yogurt or ice cream
- Snack on them on their own
- Throw them on top of salads like this one
How to make this Shaved Cucumber Salad:
There aren’t many steps to make this recipe, it’s super easy! All you do is:
- Prepare all your ingredients and put them into a large bowl
- Prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a jar and shaking
- Gently combine the two and voila!
Let me know if you love this plant-based recipe as much as I do? Leave me a comment or review if you try it!
Other salad recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
- Easy Picnic Plant-Based Salad
- Light & Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Asian-Style Tuna Salad
Shaved Cucumber Salad with Wild Blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa cooled
- 1 large cucumber peeled or shaved
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp. Patience Fruit and Co. dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup vegan or regular feta
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1 large shallot sliced
- handful fresh oregano + fresh thyme finely chopped
- Prepare all your salad ingredients by placing them into a large mixing bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, add all the ingredients to a medium-sized jar and shake till combined.
- Gently combine all the salad ingredients and dress as desired.