Sandwiches, Burgers & Toasts
The Tandoori Masala Burger
Happy Day Beautiful People!! I hope everyone is doing awesome and is hopefully as excited as I am to introduce you all to this amazing new recipe! It is just so perfect for summer, and snaking – I did not try to BBQ it but that is totally on my to do list! So, I made 9 and I have none left… and that was a day and a half ago – insert extreme ponder – I am pretty sure I eat for living, oh well!
Anyway, back to the food! This recipe is really easy to follow, it does have a few ingredients you might not already have in your pantry but they are super delicious so totally worth the purchase to start adding different flavours to your dishes.
It is also a great way to experiment with different worldly cuisines, and begin to open up the pallets of your children, or even yourself! If you choose not to go out and buy the Masala then just substitute it with something else that you really enjoy.. but preferably something in the same flavour family.
I enjoyed this with a delicious Pumpkin Seed loaf that I got from community natural foods and paired it with some mushy peas, and creamy avocado. Staple ingredients but huge flavour boosters!
I really suggest you try these patties out as they are seriously just the best quick meal to have in the fridge. Busy? Grab a some of these patties, a piece of spelt bread and add your fav veg and you’re done! Simple.
HINT: THIS IS AMAZING WITH VEGANESE!!
Sorry I cannot stay for long I am about to start my shift at work, but I will be back tomorrow with another super simple recipe for you and your loved ones!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
The Tandoori Masala Burger
- 2 cups of chickpeas from a can - strained and washed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 a cup finely chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese - I use Parma Veg
- 3 tbsp EVOO - Kouzini
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala spice
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- dash of salt
- Line a pan with parchment paper, and grease with coconut oil spray - set aside!
- Now preheat your oven to 375F
- I had all my ingredients prepped here so the quinoa was already cooked - which makes things very very simple!
- Literally combine all of the ingredients into a food processor, and pulse till well combined, do not over mix. You will find that it is quite full so just use a spoon to smush down the sides, and get everything all blended.
- Now transfer the mixture to a large bowl and begin to portion out your patties!
- I made around 9 huge patties! But do what you like!
- Once you have shaped your patties pot them onto the baking pan and cook at 375 for around 35 minutes or until crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside!