The holiday season is fast approaching and one of the go-to side dishes at the dinner table will be mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are a staple at this time of year, however, they can be a bit boring, and full of carbs. Sometimes you just want a nice, healthier, spin on a classic dish that you (and your family) can’t live without. This vegan mashed cauliflower recipe is just what you need. It’s delicious, keto-friendly, and vegan.
Why you’ll love this vegan mashed cauliflower recipe:
- Make it in under 30 minutes
- It’s keto-friendly
- It’s vegan
- Healthier alternative
- A delicious twist to a classic recipe
What are the health benefits of cauliflower?
Cauliflower is a magical veggie. It is very low in calories and loaded with benefits. In fact, cauliflower contains almost every vitamin and mineral you need. On top of that, it’s high in fiber, a great source of antioxidants, it’s high in choline (an essential nutrient that many people are deficient in), and to top it off, it’s so easy to add into your diet. Cauliflower is great raw, with a dip like hummus, steamed, thrown into a recipe, there’s so much you can do with it! Including making this delicious vegan mashed cauliflower recipe.
How do you make cauliflower mash?
Five ingredients, and a blender. That’s seriously all you need to whip this dish together. Here’s what you do:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Strain once cooked and ensure there is no excess water
- To a high-speed blender, add the cauliflower and the remaining ingredients. Blend till smooth, this should take up to 1 minute
- Serve with pepper and more butter
That’s it! Told you it was easy. You can even make this in an instant pot if you prefer.
Other recipes with cauliflower:
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
- Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Sauce with Fettuccini
- Plant-Based Cauliflower Quesadilla
- Plant-Based Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Vegan Cauliflower Mash (5 Ingredients + 1 Blender)
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Strain once cooked and ensure there is no excess water.
- To a high-speed blender, add the cauliflower and the remaining ingredients. Blend till smooth, this should take up to 1 minute.
- Serve with pepper and more butter.