Does anything scream comfort food more than a big, piping hot bowl of mac and cheese? Combine that with the fall flavors of pumpkin, and you have the ultimate meal to make this fall for you and your family. This Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is easy, cheap to make, vegan, and can be made in just one-pot.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese:
- It takes only 30 minutes to make
- It is vegan-friendly
- It can be made on a budget
- Say bye bye to dishes, as it only takes one-pot
What are the health benefits of pumpkin?
Pumpkin is seriously the flavor of fall. You see pumpkin spices everything everywhere you go. This recipe is a unique way to utilize pumpkin in your cooking, especially when you have a can of leftover pumpkin puree you need to use up. But did you know pumpkin is actually unreal for you? Here are some of the benefits:
- Rich in vitamin A
- Has high antioxidant content
- Packs vitamins that boost immunity (perfect for this time of year)
- Has benefits that could protect your eyesight
- Is low in calories
- Promotes healthy skin
How do you make Pumpkin Mac and Cheese?
This recipe is easy and can be made in only 30 minutes. Perfect for those lazy, gloomy fall days when you want something comforting, and healthy to feed your family. Here’s all you have to do:
- Preheat oven to 400F or set to broil
- Add all your ingredients apart from the toppings to a medium-sized pot and bring it to a light boil, then simmer for 10 minutes (Note: this sauce serves 4 people, so when cooking pasta, keep this in mind)
- Simply add the cooked pasta to the same pot and the sauce and stir to combine
- Transfer to an oven-safe pan and broil for 3-5 minutes (keep a close eye so it doesn’t burn)
- Top with whatever you have. I love this with crushed chips on top, walnuts, and/or fresh herbs
What are some ways you like to use pumpkin in your baking and cooking? Share with me in the comments!
Other vegan comfort foods you’ll love:
- Vegan Bean & Lentil Chili
- Creamy Tomato & Garlic Pasta
- Vegan Baked Potato Soup
- Easy Vegan Pot Pies
- Brown Butter and Spice Sweet Potato Casserole
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast optional
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter of choice
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup cheese of choice
- Cooked pasta of choice, sauce serves 4
- 1/2 cup salt and vinegar chips
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- fresh thyme
- fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400F or set to broil.
- Add all your ingredients apart from the toppings to a medium-sized pot and bring it to a light boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- This sauce serves 4 people, so when cooking pasta, keep this in mind.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, simply add the cooked pasta to the same pot and the sauce and stir to combine.
- Transfer to an oven-safe pan and broil for 3-5 minutes (keep a close eye).
- Before serving, top with the crushed chips, walnuts and fresh herbs! And of course, enjoy with ketchup!