30 Minute Meals
Zucchini Gazpacho with Avocado and Peas
Nothing says summer like a bowl of Gazpacho. A big bowl of hot soup isn’t something that usually screams summer. The temperature is hot outside, and it’s really the last thing you want. However, a big bowl of Zucchini Gazpacho, a soup served cold, can be an excellent option for soup in the summer months.
Why you’ll love this Zucchini Gazpacho:
- It’s oh so creamy
- It is loaded with healthy veggies
- It is the perfect appetizer or first course
- It is fresh and great for summer
What is gazpacho?
Gazpacho is a cold soup made with raw and blended vegetables. It is widely eaten in Spain and Portugal, particularly during hot summers as it is incredibly refreshing.
Traditional gazpacho is often with a tomato base, so this is not a traditional recipe, but it’s still darn delicious. The best part about this recipe is that you can really get creative and swap out vegetables with whatever you have, or whatever is in-season. I’ve also done this recipe by swapping the zucchini with cucumber.
How do you make vegan gazpacho?
This plant-based Zucchini Gazpacho recipe is really simple and you can whip it up for the whole family in no time at all. All you do is:
- To a small saucepan, add your garlic and shallots
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and on low heat bring to a light simmer
Note: You do NOT want the garlic or the onion to brown, you just want to mold both flavors together that are sometimes hard to digest when raw
- Once your onions/garlic are translucent (after about 2 minutes), you can add all your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth (for another 1-2 minutes)
- Once blended, transfer to bowls and top with your favorite toppings like olive oil, herbs, and salt and pepper
What are the magic veggies in this Zucchini Gazpacho?
This recipe has a combination of vegetables that make it so delicious. The key ingredients are:
- Green peas
The jalapeno and fresh herbs also add a ton of flavor and freshness in this soup as well.
This Zucchini Gazpacho soup is seriously loaded with health benefits. The green peas provide heart-healthy minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium. The avocado is a healthy fat and is full of potassium, fibre, and all that goodness. The zucchini is a perfect summer vegetable as it’s high in antioxidants and great for digestion. Last but not least, tomatillos have been my fav this summer. They also have antioxidants and add so much flavor that’s different than your typical tomato to any recipe.
Other soup recipes you’ll love:
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Zucchini Gazpacho with Avocado & Peas
- 2 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- ½ cup oat milk
- 3 cups thawed green peas
- Half a large avocado
- 1 large zucchini peeled or unpeeled, chopped
- 1 large tomatillo
- Half a large jalapeno discarding the seeds
- A very large handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- To a small saucepan, add your garlic and shallots. Add 1 tbsp. Of water and on low heat bring to a light simmer. You do not want the garlic or the onion to brown, you simply want to help remove any bold flavors that are sometimes hard to digest when raw.
- Once your onions/garlic are translucent, around 2 minutes of cooking, you can add all your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend till smooth. This may take up to 1-2 minutes.
- Once blended, transfer to bowls and top with some olive oil, fresh herbs and more pepper!