Bananas. Coffee. Two Bowls. The Best Banana Coffee Loaf Ever. You got this guys!
A short little blurb because this Bread speaks for itself. All you need for this recipe is your baking pantry staples, ripe bananas, some of your favourite coffee (I used Big Mountain Coffee), and two large bowls! It is simple. This cake is gooey, sweet and good for you. Made without dairy and chia eggs.
This banana bread is:
- sweetened naturally
- loaded with banana flavour
- filled with delicious nutrients, from chia to spelt flour
- plant based
You’re going to love this bread, now go give it a try!!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- 11⁄2 cups of spelt flour
- pinch tsp salt – around 1/2 – 1 tsp but not heaped!
- 3⁄4 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds, 6 tbsp warm water)
- 1⁄2 cup of your favourite natural sweetner (ex. agave, coconut nectar, or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce – homemade if you can
- 1/4 cup of your strongest coffee or espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 11⁄2 cups mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl – done to avoid clumps.
- Into a medium mixing bowl combine all wet ingredient and stir well.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Stir until combined but do not over stir. Add chocolate chips and give one final stir.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 bread tin and bake for 35 minutes or until your toothpick tells you it’s ready!