The PERFECT Chocolate Banana Bread
1 loaf, 8 pieces
Chocolate and banana make a match made in heaven. This chocolate banana bread combines the perfect match for the perfect bread. This recipe is so easy and delicious. It’s perfect for a sweet breakfast or dessert!
Why you’ll love this chocolate banana bread:
- It’s vegan
- Chocolate + banana = the best
- It’s easy-t0-make
- It is adaptable (banana can be swapped with peanut butter)
How do you make chocolate banana bread?
I said this chocolate banana bread was easy, and I wasn’t lying. This bread can be whipped up in no time. The best part? You can even make it into muffins versus a loaf or swap out the banana for peanut butter if peanut butter and chocolate is more your match made in heaven. Here’s how you make this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a bread tin with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking oil spray
- Into a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- In a medium-sized bowl add in the mashed banana and whisk in the melted oil or butter, brown sugar, egg replacement, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk just till combined
- Add the flour mixture to the wet banana mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine and stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips
- Transfer batter to the baking tin, dust the batter with remaining chocolate chips and bake for 50-55 minutes
- Cool for 5 minutes in the bread tin and remove and cool completely on the wire rack. Serve with vegan or regular butter
Make this recipe vegetarian instead by using regular egg and milk.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla & Chai
- Vegan Oatmeal Fudge Bars
- Plant-Based Cinnamon Bun Bread
- Easy Vegan Apple Crumble
- Vegan Gingerbread Loaf
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
The PERFECT Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil room temperature, then melted
- 1 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 egg replacements or 2 regular eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup of almond milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a bread tin with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking oil spray.
- Into a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl add in the mashed banana and whisk in the melted oil or butter, brown sugar, egg replacement, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk just till combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet banana mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the baking tin, dust with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the bread tin and remove and cool completely on the wire rack. Serve with vegan or regular butter!
Easy and delicious!
thank you so much, beauty!
The most delicious and moist banana bread I’ve ever had!!
So easy to make and everybody in the family enjoyed it. Was gone within minutes so I recommend making a double batch 😉
Yay!! Thank you so much, Avery!
This came out delicious but did I miss the pan size? I made it in a small loaf pan and it needed more room and more cook time.
Just a standard loaf tin xxx if you put it into something smaller than that then yes it would have needed more time but I am so grateful that it worked for you regardless!!
I don’t normally bake so I don’t know what a standard loaf pan is. I’ll look it up. Thanks.
It’s just called a standard loaf pan. Let me know if you have any luck xx
So delicious! I made it for my parents and it was even Dad Approved – so you definitely know it was a success! Very easy to make as well!
Yes, thank you so much for the love Whitney! I really love this recipe! So glad Ron loved it too!
Can’t get enough of this one!!
thank you so much for your love, Julia!
It’s definitely perfect, that is a for sure!!
Thank you so much, Brenda!
Love me a good banana bread recipe
Thank you, Lauren! I love this recipe so much!
Great recipe . Will make again 🙂
I am so glad you loved this! Thanks for the support!