This whipped feta is one of my fav cherry tomato recipes when tomatoes are in season in the summertime!
There are so many delicious ways to use cherry tomatoes, and it’s one of my fav parts about summer, when tomatoes are in season and delicious. These are some of my favorite cherry tomato recipes that you can whip up this summer.
Why you’ll love these cherry tomato recipes:
- Fresh: When cherry tomatoes are in season in the summer months these recipes are bursting with freshness and flavor
- Variety: There are so many ways to incorporate cherry tomatoes into your recipes
- Healthy: Tomatoes are loaded with a variety of healthy nutrients and vitamins
This easy, creamy baked brie recipe is perfect for the holiday season. Wrapped in puff pastry and topped with roasted tomatoes, it’s so flavorful.
This cherry tomato confit recipe made with garlic and thyme is so easy to make and packed with flavor – one pot is all you need.
This delicious, vegan Greek meatballs recipe is served with a fresh salad, whipped feta, and creamy orzo.
This oven baked fish only takes one pan to make and is loaded with flavor from the fresh herb sauce and seasonal cherry tomatoes. One of my go-to cherry tomato recipes.
Inspired by my time in Israel, this Mediterranean dish of oven-roasted chickpeas with tomatoes and creamy cashew cream is perfect for brunch, lunch, or even a side dish.
This creamy one pot orzo is perfect for summer with the fresh herbs and tomatoes. Whip it up in only 30-minutes.
This grape salad is Mediterranean-inspired (my fav), and can help support and promote a healthy gut. It’s perfect for cherry tomato season!
This creamy, delicious baked goat cheese dip is the perfect starter at a holiday dinner or get together.
Whipped Feta with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes (see below)
This cherry tomato recipe below is a great dip to whip up for an appetizer or summer snack. It can be a great addition to a BBQ or pot luck too!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
What can I do with a lot of cherry tomatoes? There are so many ways to use up cherry tomatoes. Eat them on their own, bake them and add them on a dip, add them into sauces, casseroles, salads, and the list goes on.
Can fresh cherry tomatoes be frozen? Definitely, but of course, they’ll lose their shape and texture when you defrost them again. However, this can be a good way to eliminate food waste when you simply can’t eat them all.
Do you have to peel cherry tomatoes to can? It doesn’t matter, skin or no skin, choose whatever you prefer.
What to do with a lot of grape tomatoes? Make whipped feta, caprese skewers, bruschetta, a Greek salad, the options are endless.
Cherry Tomato Recipes (Whipped Feta with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes)
For the blistered cherry tomatoes
For the whipped feta
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- To make the blistered tomatoes, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Once warm, add the tomatoes and let sit undisturbed for about 5 minutes – if the pan is getting too hot, turn to medium-low heat.
- Add the salt, pepper and minced garlic to the tomatoes, stir a few times to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the heat and put the tomatoes into a bowl to fully cool.
- Once the tomatoes are cooled, make the whipped feta by combining the feta cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and lemon zest in a food processor. Pulse until combined and creamy.
- To make the hot honey, stir together the liquid honey, hot sauce and a pinch of chili flakes.
- To assemble the dip, spread the whipped feta on a plate or in a low bowl. Use a slotted spoon or fork to transfer the cooled tomatoes onto the feta. Drizzle with hot honey and sprinkle of fresh thyme. Serve with pitas and enjoy!