Vegan Chickpea Caesar Salad Wrap
This easy vegan chickpea caesar salad wrap is so dang good. It’s the perfect lunch and a great vegan spin to a traditional chicken caesar salad wrap. Also can be an awesome meal to take with you for a park picnic this summer. I like to bring a wrap + my go-to snack for when I’m on the go, Herbaland’s new nutrient-infused gummies. They are perfect for a healthy snack and are packed with the healthy benefits of things like vitamin C or apple cider vinegar. I’m seriously obsessed with them as a quick and easy snack.
Anyway, with this wrap recipe, you get the healthy benefits of chickpeas, combined with the veggies of course. You can also make it your own by add buffalo sauce to make this a buffalo caesar wrap. I promise you’re going to really like this one. If you do, please leave a review in the comment section at the bottom of this post!
Why you’ll love this Chickpea Caesar Salad wrap:
- Easy: Make this recipe in 40-minutes flat. Prep time is only 15-minutes!
- Healthy: Combine the health benefits of chickpeas and veggies, this wrap is a healthy lunch alternative
- Meal Prep: This recipe is great for meal prep. It’s awesome to have the ingredients ready to go for a quick lunch or easy summer dinner
- Versatile: Add buffalo sauce, or remove the wrap completely and eat this up as a salad
Chickpeas: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, chickpeas can offer a variety of health benefits such as improving your digestion, and decreasing your chance of several diseases. Chickpeas are also a great protein source and that’s why I love them in my vegan diet.
Garlic Confit: OMG I love this stuff so much. I make it ahead and always have some on hand because it stores so well. Find the recipe here. Use this confit to spread on sandwiches, throw in recipes, or anything in between. If you love garlic you’re going to LOVE this.
Tortillas: You can use any type of tortilla you like, you can also grill this wrap up to make it warm. Alternatively, say bye to the tortilla completely and eat this as a salad instead.
How to make this chickpea caesar salad wrap:
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the crispy chickpeas and mix till well combined. Add the chickpeas to the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them all evenly, leaving each chickpea room to breathe/crisp up. Cook for 25 minutes, flipping/tossing halfway through. TIP: keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
3. While the chickpeas cook, prepare the salad ingredients and set them aside.
4. Once the chickpeas have cooked, let them cool.
5. Toss your salad by adding the lettuce, cheese, lemon, dressing, and garlic into a bowl.
6. Place around 1/3 of the salad in the center of the wrap with your desired amount of chickpeas. Fold in both sides of the wrap and pinch the bottom side of the wrap up to fold and form a wrap. You can wrap the wrap with parchment then cut it.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Spices: The spices for the chickpeas are entirely optional and really quite versatile/interchangeable so have fun with them! I would suggest using the flavors you love most and thinking about the classic taste of a caesar salad while developing that flavor profile.
Storage: The salad is best enjoyed fresh. So I suggest only topping the lettuce with the dressing once you’re ready to make the wrap. The crispy chickpeas can be tightly sealed, once cooled, and will last up to 5-7 days in a room temperature spot.
Chickpeas: I love making this wrap with chickpeas but if you’re feeling like switching it up, you can use lentils, black beans, and white beans.
Pairing: Want something amazing to compliment this? Make sure to checkout my amazing garlic confit.
For a special discount with Herbaland products, use code: “Maria20” at checkout
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Grits & Creamy Beans & Collards
- Refried Beans & Avocado Tacos
- Hearty Vegetable + Mixed Bean Stew
- Vegan BBQ Black Bean Meatballs
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Vegan Chickpea Caesar Salad Wrap
For the Salad/Wrap:
- 2 small heads of lettuce washed, finely chopped
- Garlic Confit optional
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. Caesar dressing
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 8-10 " tortilla wraps of choice
For the Chickpeas:
- 1 550 mL can of Chickpeas washed, strained, and dried
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Umami powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Dash of red chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the crispy chickpeas and mix till well combined. Add the chickpeas to the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them all evenly, leaving each chickpea room to breathe/crisp up. Cook for 25 minutes, flipping/tossing halfway through. TIP: keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- While the chickpeas cook, prepare the salad ingredients and set them aside.
- Once the chickpeas have cooked, let them cool.
- Toss your salad by adding the lettuce, cheese, lemon, dressing, and garlic into a bowl.
- Place around 1/3 of the salad to the center of the wrap with your desired amount of chickpeas. Fold in both sides of the wrap and pinch the bottom side of the wrap up to fold and form a wrap. You can wrap the wrap with parchment then cut it.
This recipe was so easy and delicious after a day of work. Will definitely be adding this to my weekly rotation of meals!
thank you so much, Marie for the love!!!!
Absolutely delicious! So easy to adjust based on what ingredients you have. Simple and healthy. My sweet and I used this recipe to pack up snacks for beach days. Thank you!
Thank you so much for the love!
So simple and so good!
This recipe is totally added to my weekly recipes. Perfect for hot summer days!
YES I AM SO GLAD YOU LOVED THIS!