Cheesy, Creamy Noodle Soup
2 hours 4 minutes
This creamy noodle soup recipe is everything you need in a soup and more. It is made creamy with coconut milk, and cheese, it’s made flavorful with fresh basil, thyme, and garlic, and hearty with the help of mushrooms, spinach, and noodles.
Why you’ll love this creamy noodle soup recipe:
- Filling: When you add noodles to a soup recipe, it makes it so filling and hearty
- Healthy: Despite this soup being creamy, we used coconut milk to make it that way so it’s healthier than using things like half and half or whipping cream
- Quick: Prep this soup in just 20 minutes and have it ready in an hour
Pasta: You can use lasagna noodles broken up in this soup recipe, or you can use any noodle of your choice like elbow noodles.
Mushrooms: The Portobello mushrooms add a meatiness to this soup recipe that’s so good. They also pack a nutritional punch as they have key vitamins, can help boost your immunity, and are considered a superfood.
Garlic: You’ll notice this creamy soup uses a lot of garlic which is great for flavor, but also great for your health as garlic has its own super powers. It’s especially great for your immune system which is needed during winter aka cold and flu season.
How to make this creamy noodle soup recipe:
1. For the soup, in a large soup pot add the olive oil and heat for 20-30 seconds on medium-high heat before adding your diced yellow onion and portobello mushrooms. Cook for 6 – 8 minutes until soft + water has cooked off.
2. Add the garlic, fresh basil, thyme, and black pepper, cooking for another 5 – 10 minutes.
3. Add the bouillon paste and hot water, allow to come to a simmer.
4. As the soup simmers, add spinach and pasta.
5. Allow cooking until the pasta is soft, about 8 – 10 minutes.
6. Add the coconut milk cream, then stir in the cheeses until melted.
7. Serve immediately with fresh herbs!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Milk: Swap the coconut milk with heavy cream or your favorite plant-based milk.
Cheese: Also, replace provolone + parmesan with vegan cheese.
Make this a red, creamy soup: Add 3 tbsp of tomato paste along with 2 diced tomatoes to make this a red lasagna/noodle soup.
Storage: Store soup in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for 4 – 6 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Other soup recipes you’ll love:
- Simple Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Orzo Soup
- The Detox Kale + Cauliflower Soup
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Creamy Vegan Greek Lemon Rice Soup
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Cheesy, Creamy Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 4 large portobello mushrooms diced or mushrooms of choice, chopped or diced
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan chicken bouillon paste
- 5 cups boiling water
- 12 cups spinach
- 3 cups of lasagna sheets broken up or pasta of choice we forgot lasagna sheets at our shoot, any noodle will work
- 2 – 398ml cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup white melty cheese of choice vegan cheese will work fine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese regular or vegan
- For the soup, in a large soup pot add the olive oil and heat for 20-30 seconds on medium-high heat before adding your diced yellow onion and portobello mushrooms. Cook for 6 – 8 minutes until soft + water has cooked off.
- Add the garlic, fresh basil, thyme, and black pepper, cooking for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add the bouillon paste and hot water, allow to come to a simmer.
- As the soup simmers, add the spinach and pasta.
- Allow to cook until the pasta is soft, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk cream, then stir in the cheeses until melted.
- Serve immediately with fresh herbs!