Do I have a crowd-pleasing dish for you! This Mediterranean Tuna Salad is a quick and easy recipe that is jam-packed with protein and flavour that is perfect for meat-eaters and vegans alike.
With my friends at Good Catch Foods, I bring you a flavourful Mediterranean spin on the classic tuna salad. And we know how much I love putting my flavour into a dish! This recipe is the perfect bowl because you can customize to include your favourite ingredients and flavours too!
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
My Mediterranean tuna salad has a lot of delicious elements that are simple, flavorful, and packed with protein and nutrients. And I make this recipe quick and easy – there are only two ingredients in this salad to cook! Your rice and butternut squash. But those are easy enough to prep those ahead of time. Not to mention this Mediterranean tuna salad recipe is perfect for meal prepping, making this the perfect grab and go lunch or dinner on the run.
Plant-based Tuna. Yes, it’s now a thing thanks to Good Catch Foods. This has become a staple that I always have in my pantry for a quick, easy meal like this Mediterranean tuna salad. Good Catch makes plant-based, vegan tuna that tastes like the real thing.
Tuna isn’t ever something that crosses a vegan’s mind, because well, it’s not vegan. But thanks to Good Catch Foods, they have come up with a vegan alternative that is super nutritious, while also keeping our tuna fish in the water where they belong.
Their tuna is made with a plant protein blend consisting of chickpeas, soy, peas, lentils, fava and navy beans. They also use algae oil and special plant ingredients to capture that seafood flavour organically. It’s loaded with Omega-3’s too, which means you get the benefits of consuming fish without actually having to consume it!
Good Catch Foods also has three flavours of tuna including:
- Naked in water – This one is designed to be an ingredient and is best used in your favourite recipes, substituting it one-for-one for conventional tuna.
- Mediterranean – With garlic, herbs, sweet pepper and a kick of spice, this plant-based protein shines with the warmth of Southern Europe.
- Oil & Herbs – Ready to eat right out of the package, this Oil and Herbs tuna is the perfect solution for meals on the go.
Looking for more ways to use Good Catch Foods Tuna?
- Vegan 5 Ingredient Tuna Lemon Pasta
- Cheesy Vegan Tuna Casserole
- Healthy Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Vegan Tuna Melt
- The Best Vegan Cobb Salad
Easy Vegan Mediterranean Tuna Salad
For the salad:
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a large bowl mix together all your butternut squash ingredients and place onto the baking sheet. Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown, buttery and perfect!
- While your butternut squash baked prepare your kale, cucumber, radish and Tuna Mixture.
- For the Tune, simply add all your ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and stir vigorously until everything is well combined. Let it sit and marry while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- For the kale, add your ingredients into a large bowl and massage aggressively till your kale is shiny, softer but still crunchy in texture! I promise you, this is game-changing for your kale game.
- For the cucumber and radish, simply add the ingredients for them (in separate bowls) and stir till combined. ** Set aside.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and begin assembling your little bowls of nourishment. I put it together in this order, butternut squash, kale, radish, cucumber, rice and tuna!