Easy Creamy Vegan Potato Leek Soup
I don’t know about you, but I am craving soup all the time recently. This cold weather makes me want to curl up on the couch with a bowl of something hearty. Rich flavours that you can only find in something like this classic Potato Leek Soup.
Is it cold where you are too? Because it looks like a winter wonderland and we have hit the negative temperatures where I am.
Nothing says comfort food more than a big bowl of creamy soup. This healthy, simple and classic Potato Leek Soup was exactly what we all need to keep warm and has the perfect creaminess (without using cream) as I sit next to the fireplace while I work on and finalize some of my other recipes!
This creamy vegan soup was inspired by my boyfriend and another British man you may have heard of – Jamie Oliver.
This Potato Leek Soup recipe takes about 40 minutes to whip up, and is so easy to make! Not to mention that the recipe simple to follow and very good for you. Did I also mention its delicious? It is healthy, it is wholesome, it is easy, and it will become one of your go-to winter recipes. You will be warmed up in no time!
You are going to love this vegan Leek + Potato Soup because it is:
- quick and easy
This soup is perfect for an evening at home with your family. It is so comforting and delicious, the perfect wholesome soup that won’t take hours to make. Get out your largest pot because you will want to make a double batch of this recipe for when the next cold night hits and you need some warming up.
Looking for some of my other favourite soup recipes?
- Simple Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Orzo Soup
- The Detox Kale + Cauliflower Soup
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Creamy Vegan Greek Lemon Rice Soup
Easy Vegan Potato Leek Soup
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 2 large leek stalks washed and chopped (discard the green bit of the leek, compost)
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1.5 lbs. white baby potatoes halved
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp. white miso
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 900 ml vegetable stock unsalted - homemade if you can
- 1 400 mL can of coconut milk
- season to taste
- garnish with more fresh oregano and fresh lime juice
- Into a large pot, over medium heat add your olive oil and cook for 30 seconds. To the pot, add your leeks, onion and celery. Cook them for 5-10 minutes or until golden.
- To the pot, add your potatoes and stir the ingredients till well combined. Cook for another 10 minutes, on medium heat. Now add the salt, pepper, white miso and nutritional yeast. Cook down for 2 minutes, stirring to combine all the ingredients.
- Increase your heat to high, add your stock and bring to a boil before simmering for 15-20 minutes or until your potatoes are cooked throughout.
- Add your coconut milk and stir. Cook for another minute before turning off the heat and transferring the mixture into your high speed blender.
- Blend till smooth but still light texture.
- Garnish with fresh oregano, olive oil, pepper and fresh lime!