Summer Appetizers: Watermelon Skewers
6 - 8 skewers
Holy heaven, you’re going to love this summer appetizers recipe. These watermelon skewers are creative, easy, and so fresh and perfect for the hot summer heat. Great for a BBQ or potluck if you’re looking for something to bring that no one else will think of!
Why you’ll love this summer appetizer:
- Quick: Make these in only 10-minutes
- Delicious: These are so fresh and delicious. They scream “SUMMER IS HERE!”
- Versatile: Add any other fruits or ingredients to your skewers for additional color
Watermelon: Watermelon is so refreshing in the summer and the best part is that not only does it taste great but it helps you stay hydrated on a hot day and is packed with nutrients!
Herbs: I love the combo of fresh mint and basil for this but you can use one over the other if you wish. Both add such a nice fresh, pop of flavor.
Pistachios: I added pistachios to this for a great crunch. However, if you are nut-free, you can easily omit them or replace them with hulled sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
How to make watermelon skewers:
1. Prepare all of the ingredients above.
2. Assemble the skewers in any pattern you desire. Make sure to put basil or mint in between each piece of watermelon or feta.
3. Arrange all of the skewers onto a platter.
4. Spread the chopped pistachios over top and lightly press into the feta.
5. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar, sprinkle flaky salt, and cover in lime zest!
6. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge- refresh the balsamic vinegar and pistachios when ready to serve.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
What else you can add: Add any other ingredients you wish! Including strawberries, cucumber, or even a protein, would be delicious!
How do I make this vegan? Replace the feta with your fav vegan feta or cheese instead.
How do I make this nut-free? Easy! Just remove the pistachios completely or add sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (hulled) instead.
What can I do with the watermelon rind? Make these delicious low-waste pickled watermelon rinds for salads or sandwiches!
Other summer appetizers to make:
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
If you want more Greek Recipes, check out our Free Greek Recipe Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check it out here.
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Summer Appetizers: Watermelon Skewers!
- ½ seedless watermelon cubed
- 250 g feta cubed
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pistachios chopped
- 3 – 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime zested
- flaky salt
- bamboo skewers
- Prepare all of the ingredients above.
- Assemble the skewers in any pattern you desire. Make sure to put basil or mint in between each piece of watermelon or feta.
- Arrange all of the skewers onto a platter.
- Spread the chopped pistachios overtop and lightly press into the feta.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar, sprinkle flaky salt, and cover in lime zest!